What's new
What's new

Starting a manufacturing company and tools required

rainakjames

Plastic
Hi guys,

I plan to start a small machinery manufacturing company at the starting of next year. Currently, the building's construction process is almost over, and I'm focusing on the purchase of manufacturing tools. Industrial screwdrivers are a basic necessity when it comes to a manufacturing company. I'm new to this field and not much aware of these. I have done some basic research. But I would like to get suggestions from you guys. What are the things to be noted when purchasing industrial screwdrivers?

Thanks!

For starters a basic set from Home Depot 20 to $40. A T handle one with a box of bits. They now have some that hold about 12 bits in the rachet turn and the bits are contained so they can=t get lost. (that can be handy (a better name for this type..

I’m sort of scared if your starting a company not knowing about screwdrivers, it’s like a working girl not knowing about my favourite desert, spotted dick
(It’s not really but jam rolly poly didn’t work, )
I’m assuming the manufactured item doesn’t contain screws, anyway I use bahco myself though whia seem to be overtaking, also good US screw sticks by snap on
Are good
Mark

Lol. Could this be more blatant? So yeah, I'm looking to start a business next year and I know I need some industrial screwdrivers, but man, it's such a complex subject: screwdrivers, and I am not very familiar with screwdrivers. But I've got this uncanny ability of being naturally capable of building manufacturing facilities, you know? Could somebody tell me all about industrial screwdrivers please? :D

You guys are being awfully tough. Industrial screwdrivers are a necessity when working with aircraft grade billet, surgical grade steel, and military grade plastics.

If you are starting a manufacturing company i would not fool around. Buy the best. Get the top of the line metric and imperial industrial screwdrivers made by Chicomshit Corporation, Inc., Ltd.

And don't forget to budget $5K for accessories. The best screwdriver in the world isn't worth much without something to use it on.

The op's post has been treated with all the respect it deserves.:D

So in that vein I am going to suggest he starts shopping at HF as most of their tools are one and done. As will his business venture be.

Insufficient specs

Are you manufacturing for the US market, Canada, or the EU? In case you decided, you need to select metric or imperial versions of said industrial screwdrivers. In many cases when large industrial screwdrivers are delivered a forklift is advisable, please select the appropriate forklift tines for metric vs imperial industrial screwdrivers. Most manuals will recommend 4' tines vs 120 cm tines. Fair warning they are not easily interchangeable;e

Left-handed metric industrial screwdrivers need to be used with appropriate mittens with the thumbs pointing down.

Hope this helps.

dee
;-D

And as always, anytime your involved with screwing of any sort, take proper care and protections of your screwing utensil for extended life.

Regards Hodge

Industrial grade screwdrivers are junk. What you want are military grade as they cost ten times as much. Only problem is you need a background check and a permit to purchase them from Harbor Freight. Also they need to be locked up when not in use so your wife does not try and use them to fix the blender. Look for ones that say "tactical" or for "special operations" on the package as they are the best.

Back