What's new
What's new

Steel flexible hose for coolant

Hertz

Stainless
Hi guys, I designed a coolant ring for our VMC and I am trying to find one of those steel flexible hoses that would have a 3/8 NPT male on one end and a 3/8 NPT female with a swivel on the other. Only need about 6-10" for length. I am having some difficulties with google in finding exactly what I need. I do see some but none for what I am looking for. Usually different on one end. Is there a technical name for these hoses that I do not know of? Anyone recommend some sites that have them?

I'm not sure if this helps, but a friend of mine gave me a steel flexible hose from a parts washer for my horizontal mill coolant. It was a spare part that he had ordered from Princess Auto for his parts washer.

Brian :)

I have a Parker swaging machine and use 929 hose with their 1TU91N-6-6C (3/8" SS male tube stub) ends for making instrumentation hoses in our shop. You would then use standard compression fittings on the stub ends. If you are going to be doing some volume like I do, you might be able to talk the Parker guy into giving you the Swaging machine if you buy all your tube fittings from him.

Chemical Resistant Heavy Wall PTFE Smoothbore Hose - 929/929B | Parker NA
http://www.airlinehyd.com/apollo/parkerfc/C-ftgs-3.pdf#page=22

Uniprise International Incorporated
Spiral Metal Products Division
P.O.box 369 Terryville, CT 06768
800 864 2858
They make hoses from .095"=.650" and can apply many different threaded fittings.
Good stuff

Back