What's new
What's new

Steel Prices Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrplasma

Aluminum
I just purchased some 11 gauge sheet steel from Midwest Steel and Aluminum. During the past month, the price for the same quantity of the same material rose a full 50%. I compared prices with other suppliers, and Midwest was still the cheapest.

I just purchased some 11 gauge sheet steel from Midwest Steel and Aluminum. During the past month, the price for the same quantity of the same material rose a full 50%. I compared prices with other suppliers, and Midwest was still the cheapest.

Any guess what is causing the price increase?

attachment.php

It's amazing people have such faith in a presidents ability to quickly raise and lower prices. If anything, the groundwork is laid several years back. Administrations tend to take the blame for the actions of the previous one. Some financial clusterf**ks go back way further than that.

Um.....it's not hard to look at steel indices to see that steel, as well as most other products, has gone way up in price, and way up in scarcity, since China Joe took office. Only a liberal* would even try to argue otherwise.

*A liberal is a person who will discount all facts in favor of emotion and desire. A liberal follows the science...as a long as the science supports his agenda...he ignores all other science. A liberal is willing to ignore to catastrophe that is the Biden presidency despite every single thing that Joe has touched has turned to poop. Biden's failure rate is 100%.

Um.....it's not hard to look at steel indices to see that steel, as well as most other products, has gone way up in price, and way up in scarcity, since China Joe took office. Only a liberal* would even try to argue otherwise.

*A liberal is a person who will discount all facts in favor of emotion and desire. A liberal follows the science...as a long as the science supports his agenda...he ignores all other science. A liberal is willing to ignore to catastrophe that is the Biden presidency despite every single thing that Joe has touched has turned to poop. Biden's failure rate is 100%.

Give it a rest- steel is a global commodity and price is up worldwide.

"Give it a rest- steel is a global commodity and price is up worldwide. "

Shallow thought, my man. Steel prices might be up...but you can be very sure in China, they have no trouble buying steel. Same for India. That's thanks to Biden's Supply Chain Disaster that we all too stupid to fathom.

Not to mention that has it occurred to your that Biden's Crisis is a contributing factor to global price increases? What Sloppy Joe does affect global markets. Plain and simple.

You can do better.

Not this shit again.

Yes Kid, it's back. Everyone thinks that inflation is bad.

Inflation is not bad, the truth is that we have been in a deflation cycle for over 40 years.

So if the price of steel goes up, end user pays...., and at my 50% mark-up... well, you get why this is very good for manufacturing.

Thread was never anything but an excuse to spout mouth-breather dogma and put up adorable stupid graphics. Anyone who touches metal knows this started months and months ago. Maybe as far back as two years.

Tariffs anyone- bleakly short memories on US based pricing dynamics.

How is that skiff Moss?

Yes Kid, it's back. Everyone thinks that inflation is bad.

Inflation is not bad, the truth is that we have been in a deflation cycle for over 40 years.

So if the price of steel goes up, end user pays...., and at my 50% mark-up... well, you get why this is very good for manufacturing.

I'm just sick of everyone here talking about all the things they CAN'T do anything about instead of the things they CAN do things about. Like machining problems, in their own shops, that they run and control. Hell half the shops owners can't even manage that but lets dither on about the global economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back