What's new
What's new

Stego temp/humidity control - what am I doing wrong?

GregSY

Diamond
Trying to use this Stego ETF 012 to turn on/off a heater in my mill's control box.

I wired 120vAC to Terminals 1/2. The 'front half' of the control seems to work well. I can turn the dials up and down and the indicator lights go on and off as they should.

But, nothing seems to be outputted. Nor do any contacts seem to be closing. I can't get voltage or continuity out of terminals 3/4/5.

So...what am I doing wrong, or is this box faulty?

My grief with the instructions are that they are very sparse (but in 6 languages). What are the squiggly lines on #3 meant to show? Why does the wire run from #3 to the heater but is not identified as L or N?

Why does the L output from the control appear to go no place? Why would the heater work if it is only connected to the N side of the 120v?

Stego ETF-012.jpgStego .jpg

That number 3 is a switched output from the N/O contact. The squiggly lines represent the load. Like the above poster noted, you need to run 120V in to terminal 5. The unit will connect 3 and 5 when it activates the switch. When the switch activates, you should see continuity between 3 and 5. Obviously don't check that with any voltage present...

Thanks. I'm still confused and wondering if I'm a dummy or if those Germans can't draw a diagram....but either way I'll try it out.

Back