What's new
What's new

Strike One MariTool

beeser

Cast Iron
After a long search for a ER40 collet source I decided to purchase from MariTool based mainly on recommendations provided here. The fact that they don't identify a manufacturing location bothered me though as I would've preferred those made in countries other than China or India. But the quality, same day shipping and shipping discount for Practical Machinist members was enough to place an order. Unfortunately things are not going according to plans.

Strike one - Shipping did not occur the same day or even the day following the order. And no shipping discount was applied. All of the items were in stock according to their website.

Did you call them?, they always answer when I have a question.
I have had prompt shipping on all dozen or more orders in recent past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After a long search for a ER40 collet source I decided to purchase from MariTool based mainly on recommendations provided here. The fact that they don't identify a manufacturing location bothered me though as I would've preferred those made in countries other than China or India. But the quality, same day shipping and shipping discount for Practical Machinist members was enough to place an order. Unfortunately things are not going according to plans.

Strike one - Shipping did not occur the same day or even the day following the order. And no shipping discount was applied. All of the items were in stock according to their website.

So what doo you want ?

Money ?

So what doo you want ?

Money ?

I want what they promised. A snow storm doesn't affect being able to make a USPS shipping label online. If they can't follow through on same day shipping then don't make the promise. The order was placed well before their stated cut off time.

This is *the highest demand time* in my lifetime for anything to do with manufacturing, outdoor goods, personal entertainment items, vehicles, trailers, etc., all of which pertain to my industry. I just towed 3 semi's and a box truck out of the highway to get into one of my vendors yesterday because of the ice/snow.

The only hard and fast rules in the world are those of Physics.

I want what they promised. A snow storm doesn't affect being able to make a USPS shipping label online. If they can't follow through on same day shipping then don't make the promise. The order was placed well before their stated cut off time.

You've stated in other postings that your a hobbyist.

Frank has every right to simply refund your money and cancel your order.

Put your self in the vendors shoes for once.

You've stated in other postings that your a hobbyist.

Frank has every right to simply refund your money and cancel your order.

Put your self in the vendors shoes for once.

Who knows if they even have power, internet or phone right now. The one time a customer threatened to go social media on me to get what he wanted I hung up and banned him from ever doing business with us again.

Dealing with the general public has been trending in this direction for many years, just when I think we've reached peak selfishness we reach a new level.

Try having dozens of shipments per day, I can't imagine getting my panties in a wad every time something doesn't show up when it's supposed to.

Did you possibly notice that there is a giant storm occurring over about half the United States, the past few days ? Snow in Dallas ? Power lines down, freeways closed, airports shut, that kind of thing ?

I thought that giant storm settled in Florida.

You realize same day shipping means it will get packed and picked up same day, NOT getting to you the same day. :rolleyes5:

Annndddd. their shipping map clearly shows AZ as an estimated 4 day shipping, or I guess you conveniently are ignoring that.

Back