Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fmari --MariTool- View Post
    Yes we do it all the time. Send us the tool holder with tooling already assembled and we can balance it to any spec you desire.
    We got the speedio in and running parts today. Keeping your tools under 20k atm. Just dropped 1k on some more tools and more overnight shipping that actually arrived next day again (crazy how if you pay for next day you get it)

Gonna order up some more tomorrow we have our process better now. Still working out but we may move to hydraulics but I don’t think you carry those?

I ordered the wrong pull-studs last go around but I think they have another machine that will use them.

What model stud do you recommend for a 27k speedio w/o tsc?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony,
    great to see the holders are improving your processes. That hole depth isn't considered critical so I would say +-.01 from lot to lot. Within the same lots probably less than .002".

You mention that you are bottoming out a tool on that shoulder while tightening. If it is working good for you then that is great. But in general it is not recommended pushing your cutting tool against a stop while tightening.

Agree it isn't the the perfect thing to do, the tool is a carbide burr. It goes into a 5-axis machine that is a dedicated debur machine in a production line. It is hard on collets I know, but 4 minutes of time is ~$150 in production cost per machine, so it makes more financial sense to change the collets every so often instead.

3. Likes fmari --MariTool- liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Of note here is what is the OAL of the endmill or burr held to?
    Normally ground in a collet and loaded against a stop but often back end not ground or qualified unless specked tight.
    Certainly a batch within a thou but batch to batch and maker to maker?
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianagos View Post
    We got the speedio in and running parts today. Keeping your tools under 20k atm. Just dropped 1k on some more tools and more overnight shipping that actually arrived next day again (crazy how if you pay for next day you get it)

Gonna order up some more tomorrow we have our process better now. Still working out but we may move to hydraulics but I don’t think you carry those?

I ordered the wrong pull-studs last go around but I think they have another machine that will use them.

What model stud do you recommend for a 27k speedio w/o tsc?
    Ok sounds great. No we do not make hydraulics, If you get into that keep an eye on the gage lengths. Some can be long. The pull stud you need is our part number PS-31109A-HS. Made from H-13 tool steel. Here is a link...

High Strength BT30 Pull Stud 31109A High - Made in USA MariTool

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Normally ground in a collet and loaded against a stop but often back end not ground or qualified unless specked tight.
    Bob
    Bob,
    We use the same vendor, but not sure how tight they hold it. So far there have been no issues with length of the tool variation. We go through a bit over 1 tool per day per machine (6-8 total/day usage).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In case anyone is in need of a small nose ER-11 CAT40 tool holder with extended reach, this is the one I am referencing in my posts.
    CAT40 ER11 5.7 TAPERED NOSE MINI NUT - Made in USA MariTool

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Bob
    Knowing the world that Tony is in... I can almost guarantee that burr is held to .001" or less. I buy tools like that all the time, in much smaller quantities than what I'd imagine he's buying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Knowing the world that Tony is in... I can almost guarantee that burr is held to .001" or less. I buy tools like that all the time, in much smaller quantities than what I'd imagine he's buying.

Yea, my bet is there is currently over 500 pcs in consignment stock at our plant right now.

It's amazing how much more insert stock you need for steel vs aluminum. Still getting my arms around that. There are several inserts we will use 60+ inserts every 24 hours. Getting 1% better tool life means $$$$ in this realm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Frank............He couldn't ask for a better PM thread. Talk about tons of free advertising..........................

img_0310.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonytn36 View Post
    Yea, my bet is there is currently over 500 pcs in consignment stock at our plant right now.

It's amazing how much more insert stock you need for steel vs aluminum. Still getting my arms around that. There are several inserts we will use 60+ inserts every 24 hours. Getting 1% better tool life means $$$$ in this realm.
    60 insert a day, 5 days times 4 weeks is a lot of inserts. Way different than the Aluminum world.
    People should be knocking down your door for such volume.
    Long story of good and bad blood over the past decades but can I come visit with no rep in the middle?
    Tonytn36 by far not the easiest customer in the world but dam knowing and right on.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You know what would really put another strike on the board for Maritool? If he became a rep for Monster Jaws. That would really suck.

(sarcasm)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    You know what would really put another strike on the board for Maritool? If he became a rep for Monster Jaws. That would really suck.

(sarcasm)
    Doesn't seem too difficult to accommodate. Do they even sell to distributors? Looks like they only sell direct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think US Shop tools sells Monster. I can't see how there's enough margin for distributors.

15. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doesn't seem too difficult to accommodate. Do they even sell to distributors? Looks like they only sell direct.
    I have no idea. I was just trying to make your website closer to 1 call does it all....for me anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Guess you showed him.

18. Likes Mtndew, TeachMePlease, Tonytn36 liked this post