Stronghold Equipment Hamilton, ON Timed Online Bidspotter Auction: Not A True Auction - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1980 View Post
    Answered directly - we have multiple items of many units in stock. If 1 units sells, we will of course list the other units available.

Please feel free to come down to inspect in person to feel comfortable....and we are different. Which auctioneers handle customs compliance and provide shipping quotes for each bidder?

No spamming from me ...let alone a flood
    Are you the fools that list items on your website and then fail to have the item in "inventory" when someone calls about it? "View the photos and Buy with confidence".

I learned many years ago to avoid Stronghold Equipment.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So are you saying both Blumendale Services and Noble Fabrication were owners of these treasured beauties?:

Blumendale Services
    Stronghold Equipment | Auction of Assets of Blumendale Services – Mfg. Facility with Cabinets - Welders & Positioners - Fab Equipment - Forklifts - Hoists & More lots

Noble Fabrication
    Stronghold Equipment | Auction of Assets of Noble Fabrication – MINT Fab Facility With Cabinets - Welders & Positioners - Forklifts - Hoists & More lots

Hrm...so is there a weekly contest to come up with company names?
    Stronghold Equipment Auction House

I would say misrepresenting the source of items make you...
    ONE OF THEM!

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our doors are open to the public. Feel free to come inspect and touch and feel anything you're interested in. We'll handle all the logistics for you as well.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Our doors are open to the public. Feel free to come inspect and touch and feel anything you're interested in. We'll handle all the logistics for you as well.
    No one doubts you have crap for sale. It's the phony auctions you are running that we are talking about.

Your website lists your "auctions" from non-existent companies, and the catalogs for the "auctions" list the same items from multiple companies.

The auctions are fraudulent, and you are just another scammer. Get lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciszewski View Post
    . . .they are allowed to bid on their own items. So I guess that they list them on an auction & keep bidding them up until they get their price. . . .
    This practice alone makes it not worth a second glance.

6. Likes Mtndew, Steven-Canada liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So if they bid the price up and "win' the auction do they have to pay themselves and pay income tax on the "income"?
    Does Canada have a tax tip line where the reporter gets a cut of back taxes owed?
    Bill D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    So if they bid the price up and "win' the auction do they have to pay themselves and pay income tax on the "income"?
    Does Canada have a tax tip line where the reporter gets a cut of back taxes owed?
    Bill D.
    Here Ya go.

Overview - Canada.ca

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had one auction experience.
    Not with Stronhold.
    They kept upping their countdown timer, miraculously the bid kept going up stopped bidding the first time they pulled that.
    They called me back next day to see if I would buy. Becase there deal fell through. Now I understand what these places do.
    Thanks for the good info here.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    everyone gets all stereotypical that they are worms, snakes and parasites.
    Welll. they need expert and seriously stringent kitchen work, but at least one can legally EAT worms, snakes, and parasites, so... yeah, anyone but Hannibal Lecter might feel short changed now and then...

11. Likes Gordon Heaton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought a HBM at a Myron Bowling auction.

Decent people to work with, but I was surprised they admitted to me while I was rigging out my machine that they shill bid my machine and they did the same for the second HBM next to it, but fucked up and got stuck with the second machine. 40 tons of iron in a building that was set for demolition in a few weeks.

In a short time I was offered the 2nd HBM for less than I paid for the first one.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I don't get all the anger directed at auctioneers. They are like doctors, lawyers and used car salesmen. Just another poor sap just tryin to make a living and everyone gets all stereotypical that they are worms, snakes and parasites.
    If it looks like a dirty latrine, and smells like a dirty latrine......

Of course a person should not "stereotype" business', but that doesn't mean I should swallow everything without a Grain of Salt.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Do we enrich auctions with equipment from other sources? Yes we do.

We fully advertise all the equipment and pieces available and we’re fully open for inspection in person.

The negative vibe in this forum is painful and seemingly irreversible.

The negativity is coming from speculators harming an honest Canadian business. Has anyone actually been sold a product and got ripped off? The answer is no because never have ripped anyone off, we treat our clients well and we sell what we have.

Keep speculating and trying to bring down others who have children and families. If you think pricing in an auction is too high, then don’t bid.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fast Eddie Felson explains;

"Kid, the Hustle ain't cheatin' or lyin', hell it ain't even being better than the other guy-yet. The Hustle is getting the other guy to play a game that he thinks he's going to win, but only you know he can't."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To the allegation of shill bidding how do you plea? Bidspotter allows shill bidding your company isnt the first

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We fully advertise all the equipment and pieces available and we’re fully open for inspection in person.

You imply that you have all the equipment on hand in your showroom, is this true?

The negativity is coming from speculators harming an honest Canadian business. Has anyone actually been sold a product and got ripped off? The answer is no because never have ripped anyone off, we treat our clients well and we sell what we have.

Some of your customers say otherwise.

Keep speculating and trying to bring down others who have children and families. If you think pricing in an auction is too high, then don’t bid.

PS Best leave now, you ain't gonna win here.

Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Stronghold Equipment is not an honest business, that’s the issue. The OP takes issue with your fraudulent auction listings. IME, you’ve listed inspection equipment on your website you do not actually have when an inquiry is made.

Your attempt at nobility by citing families to feed is laughable. Is it your contention that it’s acceptable to rip-off other Canadians with families to feed, just to get food on YOUR table? I understand Hamilton is a depressed area, but that’s unacceptable.

Stop these practises- you’re only serving to bolster the poor reputation of the asset-reselling “industry”.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Bill D.
    They are a business. If they properly reported it, there would be no income tax due. Say the bid was $1000. The accounting would be:
    Revenue $1000
    Expense $1000
    Net Income $0

Of course, if they still have to pay the auction website, then they would actually take a loss, and reduce the owed income tax for the business.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is a huge difference between a business closure auction and a consignment auction.

Ethical auctioneers prominently disclose when consignment items are added to an auction otherwise described as 'assets from a specific business'. I see those auctioneers making those disclosures.

Be up front and clear about it, don't bury or hide the consignment items among the other inventory, and most people probably won't have an issue with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You would be best to move on and never come back. You sign up to spam your auctions and when your called on that and people point out that you (like all other auction co's are dishonest), you get hurt feelings.

Your not going to win or even have a draw on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I decided to look up what the Stronghold Site actually said about this "shill" auction bid:

20. RESERVE: The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any and all bids. On lots upon whichthere is a reserve, the auctioneer or his assigned agents, shall have the right to bid on behalf of the seller.
    Auctioneers Terms and Conditions - Auction of Assets of Blumendale Services – Mfg. Facility with Cabinets - Welders & Positioners - Fab Equipment - Forklifts - Hoists & More - Timed Online Auction - Stronghold Equipment - BidSpotter.com

I have to agree it is bad use of the reserve feature of auctions. In a real auction you can set an auto-bid to a max value and go away with a chance of not hitting the max. In this auction they can keep counter bidding until you reach your limit, maybe killing their bid to drop back to the next lowest bidder. A real reserve would just not accept your bid until it reached the acceptable limit. They need to learn the feelings their policies create!