Subject matter expert in vertical mill machines needed, will pay for phone call - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Caldwell View Post
    This was more of an indication that I didnt think this was a low quality chineesium or Taiwan clone/knockoff of a Bridgeport. Call it wishful thinking if you will.

As for parts I have read this in several places. What I am finding kinda funny in my short but furious research is the bridgeport name seems to demand a premium in initial sale (ie the Bridgeport will command a higher price if 2 similar machines are being sold from a factory) but those who know what they have with a lagun are quiet proud of them, and priced accordingly (with 1 being offered at 2500 and most being 4-6k on Ebay at the moment).

I understand I am a home shop hobbyist. I don't even claim to be a home shop machinist. But I came into this thread with the willingness to pay, and the open mindedness and desire to soak every bit of information up. Not here to troll or waste time, and best believe every peice of information I get, beit a short couplevsentances, is paired with hours of research and greatly appreciated. Not here to start a fight or make anyone mad. Again I appreciate any an all input on this matter.
    Or...it means they ran the piss out of it, and used it for stuff that
    it shouldn't have been used for.

Hence the dunk tank paint job.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well a 75 year old man from Missouri came down and snagged it up. I offered a grand, he offered 1500. The machine (from my unprofessional opinion) was not used in a production setting, but wasnt particularly cared for either. It was a lagun ftv-1, the y ways had some fresh scraping moons, they just happened to be over all sorts of scratches and a few gouges, it appears the ram had been run in and out about umpteen million times, and oh my at the piles of chips from all sorts of materials.there were even chips under the paint in the corners. Part of me is kicking myself for not offering the original asking price, and part of me is thanking grandpa for keeping me from finding something else to throw money at.

The lathe and surface grinder had 0 hits today, although someone was picking up the assembly line robot arms. I can put you guys in contact with the broker if anyone has in inclination for a trip down to clarksville tn. I feel like they're looking at anything other than scrap pricing since the lot was so small.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I hate when dudes freshly flake ways to make it look like the ways are in good shape. TBH keep your eye out, you can definitely find a true Bridgeport or BP clone for that or a little more if it is in great shape or has accessories.

TBH I think you are better off not having that machine.

Jon

4. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Home shop machinists should not be here.
    Did digger doug just hack into Bob's account or what?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    Did digger doug just hack into Bob's account or what?
    Never !

He has stated publically a dislike for "fat people".....