Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

my thinking of spinning is once dialed in you would eliminate punch/shear of the bottom slug or lip, that is a big step that everyone just kinda mentions. You still get the exercise in punch/stamp dies with the blanking of washers and spinning forms with some nifty quick release work holding mechanics. Is stainless for the fun of it, or just because it is metal students love?

Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, need to confess that it got much more repercussion than I expect. In any case, thank very much already for all the help guys.

Leaving funny argument away, indeed I guess I underestimated the part. Sorry if I went to direct into the topic, my intentions were good hehe. Just giving a bit of my background, I am a mechanical engineer specialized on finite element analysis (structural, crash and so on). No, I do not run a "home workshop", I own a company that provide small- and large scale machined parts and molds for rubber vulcanization, here we posses a Hermle CNC Center, a lathe CNC Index ABC, many other prototyping tools and now an old Eccentric Press EBU 50 Ton.

I already finished my bachelor 6 years ago, but here in German the master system works a bit different (you may do it later). Doesn't mean I am a simple student, I just don't have experience on the stamping/forming world. My master thesis is to relate FEA with manufacturing methods, I choose to include this stamping example because I "accidentally" got this press from a friend. (Am I wrong to try to increase my profit putting it to work as well?)

In any case, I see many options from the hints I got here. Maybe I can go to the smaller requests (I forgot to mention that I also need smaller sizes), I just wanted to start with the biggest because once "learned" this one, the others would be learned in parallel. I have many sizes to choose, maybe I start with a smaller one and learn. Please see possible sizes that my client needs. I imagine the smaller ones are pretty easy.
    sizes.jpg
    drawing-example.jpg

@TDegenhart, thank you very much for the detailed help. The drawings are really helpful for a beginner like me. Of course I am willing to research and study a lot before continuing, I just wanted this first insights so I know where to look at. In any case, as I understand I should go for progressive, with sequential drawing and leaving the middle circle to be trimmed at the end?

About the feeding line, I still don't have it, but the moment I realize this die, I have plenty of orders to justify and finance it.

Thank you again for the help, I hope the discussion is being productive for everybody as well.
    Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes
    Spinning from a lasercut blank was the first I was thinking of too

Or use a lasercut blank in a hydraulic press
    The right choise of material is important I was thinking

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post
    An automatic press will do little good with single station die sets.

Tom
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but single hit dies are run EVERYDAY in automatic presses. Time them out, put them in a line and run the parts manually at each station. I’m not saying you but there are to many ppl here trying to play diemaker that have no idea wtf they’re talking about. This part is die helper work.

Still need to to hear from the OP. Can he handle the coil & run in auto? Just because he has a press capable to run in auto doesn’t mean he has all the parts to make it work.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I’m not saying you but there are to many ppl here trying to play diemaker that have no idea wtf they’re talking about.

And all the Diemakers said, "Amen."

6. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewt View Post
    And all the Diemakers said, "Amen."
    I would give this six likes if I could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I have no idea what you’re talking about but single hit dies are run EVERYDAY in automatic presses. Time them out, put them in a line and run the parts manually at each station. I’m not saying you but there are to many ppl here trying to play diemaker that have no idea wtf they’re talking about. This part is die helper work.

Still need to to hear from the OP. Can he handle the coil & run in auto? Just because he has a press capable to run in auto doesn’t mean he has all the parts to make it work.
    What I was referring to is a single station hand fed die.

Tom