What's new
What's new

Sunnen MBB 1680 with power stroking

zr1nsx

Aluminum
Would anyone have a operator manual for the power stroke unit for a MBB 1680 honing machine? I acquired a nice used machine with power stroking but have never used a power stroking hone. I don't really need the power stroking for the projects I have, but would like to know how the unit works and how to set it up. I guess I should clarify a little. The set up of the stroke and speed seems simple enough. I have had the machine stroking before, but don't know how I got it to start. Not sure if there is a limit switch engaged that is keeping it from working, or if I just have not done something correctly. It worked when we first powered the machine up, but now I can't make it cycle. The manual portion of honing works fine and I use the machine fairly often. Would like to get this thing solved, and Sunnen has no data on the power stroke option for this machine.

I assume the arm is in the down position. Make sure the switch on the panel is in the power position. If it still won't stroke push on the left side of the sheet metal that covers the stroker arm while the machine is running and see if it starts.

Thanks for the replies. I believe I have it figured out. I think the motor that drives the power stroke unit has a bad motor start capacitor. I have had it stroking before so I know it did work. Pure coincidence that it has failed before the machine has been fully implemented in our shop. After playing around with it the other day, I reached down to check for power at the motor. It was hotter than hell, so I know its getting power. Not 100% sure on the capacitor but will check it out.

Back