What's new
What's new

Surface Plate Calibration Service near San Antonio, TX

bmarsh

Plastic
Can anyone recommend a calibration service company that is near or travels to the San Antonio area to do a surface plate calibration/resurface? I looked online and it appears that most companies would come from the Houston area. If anyone has a company they use I would like to get on their list the next time they make a trip.

We used to use a guy out of Dallas area. He would come thru usually twice a year. This has been several years ago, and I've since lost his contact information. May try getting a hold of the metrology labs in Dallas and Houston and see if they know of him or someone that will come to your place to check, recondition your surface plate without sending them to their labs. Locally, I don't know of anyone.

Ken

Edit: If you find someone, let us know. There maybe others in your area that need surface plate calibration done. Doing this and getting others lined up at one time could save you some money on travel expenses and such. I may even be interested in getting a couple of mine calibrated, too.

I worked just south of Dallas, after we dumped all of our in-house metrology, we a company called TresCal.
If all you are needing is inspection and certification they can supply.

Back