What's new
What's new

Surplus... Aluminum Discs .060" thick, 11.5" and 8.5" dia.

DanASM

Hot Rolled
A customer of mine has these and is going to scrap them if no one wants them. I told him I would put a feeler out for him.

This is what he emailed me...

Also, I attached a couple photos of some aluminum disc’s I have. This is a bowl seal product that I also sell. I am moving towards an injection molded version as the aluminum is to expensive to manufacture and too expensive to ship due to it’s weight. So I have roughly 15,000 of these sets in stock. I am considering scrapping a good amount of them but figured I’d put the feelers out if anyone in your industry may be able to use them. I’d sell at a decent price for a full lot price, just would like to get somewhat better than scrap prices. Might be useful to someone as metal prices are so high right now. I believe they are either 5052 or H-36 or H038 Aluminum? They have the protectant poly film still on them and are new, never used. I have equal amounts of 11.5” and 8.5” diameter with the shown holes cut in them. They are 0.060” thick. Again, I have roughly 15,000 sets of them.

BSL Pics.jpgBSL-Pics-1.jpg

If These could be of use to anyone PM me.

how many can you fit in a flat rate box? they are about $15 for a medium right now.

You could probably sell quite a few on here or ebay or craigslist depending on how much your time is worth.

Id for sure be interested in a few flat rate boxes of them. Otherwise I was thinking of setting up a freight pickup if he'd be okay with that, but I really can't burn through more than a few tons of oddball bits and bobs, since we certainly have no use for them at work.

I would have to find out where they are located. Probably in New England somewhere.

I will ask the customer what the deal is tomorrow. I guess I didn't realize this was a 14000 LB worth of "scrap" situation. I have been busy moving machinery into my back room and I am burned out. I have been taking every other Sunday off and its catching up to me.

If they are close I may try to rent a storage space for a month or so and see how they move before finally scrapping them.

I am sure I can get common carrier prices if needed. There are a ton that service the area.

I will talk to him about it tomorrow. I am sure he will be thrilled with the quick response and possible quick turn around.

A customer of mine has these and is going to scrap them if no one wants them. I told him I would put a feeler out for him.

This is what he emailed me...

Also, I attached a couple photos of some aluminum disc’s I have. This is a bowl seal product that I also sell. I am moving towards an injection molded version as the aluminum is to expensive to manufacture and too expensive to ship due to it’s weight. So I have roughly 15,000 of these sets in stock. I am considering scrapping a good amount of them but figured I’d put the feelers out if anyone in your industry may be able to use them. I’d sell at a decent price for a full lot price, just would like to get somewhat better than scrap prices. Might be useful to someone as metal prices are so high right now. I believe they are either 5052 or H-36 or H038 Aluminum? They have the protectant poly film still on them and are new, never used. I have equal amounts of 11.5” and 8.5” diameter with the shown holes cut in them. They are 0.060” thick. Again, I have roughly 15,000 sets of them.

View attachment 315479View attachment 315480

If These could be of use to anyone PM me.

I can't imagine a plastic version of this product is actually less expensive to ship, unless they are changing the design of the rest of the assembly. At about 1lb per set, parcel shipping, the rate for these is likely going to volumetric based.

These are located in Hartford, CT.

He got them when he bought out the company. Storage is cheap as he knows the owner of the building. Wants to move them all at once if can.

got a .90/Lb scrap quote last week and a .70/Lb quote a few months back.

If anyone is interested I am sure they will be around.

These are located in Hartford, CT.

He got them when he bought out the company. Storage is cheap as he knows the owner of the building. Wants to move them all at once if can.

got a .90/Lb scrap quote last week and a .70/Lb quote a few months back.

If anyone is interested I am sure they will be around.

@ 90c / lb thats <> £12,600 less haulage

I can't imagine a plastic version of this product is actually less expensive to ship, unless they are changing the design of the rest of the assembly. At about 1lb per set, parcel shipping, the rate for these is likely going to volumetric based.

I asked him about this today and he told me these parts came with the company he bought out. I guess a few years ago the flat rate shipping went from under 8 lbs to under 3 lbs. I guess the reason for the re design is to get the final product just under the maximum shipping weight.

He said these discs were shipped to CT from Kansas and he had to get a FCL to ship it here.

I can't really see any option than scrapping them.

Any option other than forklifting pallets of these onto a drop box truck with a flat rack on it is a waste of everyone's time.

My primary concern would be getting the best offer from the scrapyard to pick them up and take them exactly as they are packaged.

Putting 14,000 lbs of aluminum into flatrate boxes is just going to piss you off and make the USPS and Paypal a ton of money.

I'll pack a flatrate box for $50 net, but I don't like to. $100 net/box is where you start to feel like your getting something for your efforts.

On that note 90 cents per pound is pretty good scrap rate, and once you add in shipping you aren't getting that great of a deal on the usable salvage from these.

Check my math but at 1 lb/set and a set is .120" thick (.060 ea) you can 46 sets into a 12x12x6 flat rate box (5 1/2" inside). it will weigh aprox 50 lbs so well under the 70lb limit. Scrap value at $.90 is around $43. 15000 pcs into 46 pc boxes is 326 boxes, that doesnt sound so bad. If you could sell them for $100 each, shipped, that should bring $25,428, after shipping @$22 each (large flat rate), about $12k more than scrap.Finding 326 people that want them is another story.

I think he said they have some rubber in between them that would need to be pulled out and it would be way too much work for anyone to break them down and ship them out.

Its prob best to just scrap the lot and be done with it.

Back