What's new
What's new

T&K Milwaukee 1-H Mill

kelly mt

Aluminum
I just bought this mill and I'm looking for info and experience on this machine. It's mid to late 40's.

Attachments

• 100_7284.jpg
    100_7284.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_7281.jpg
    100_7281.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 160
If you look under Model H (upper left side of column) you will find a serial stamped into machined cast iron. It will be in one of the following formats -
X-XXXX or XX-XXXX - all digits

Great machines, my favorite to operate. If its a good machine it should be pretty quiet when operating. Here are some quick instructions if you've never run a K&T. Make sure the motor is running the correct direction (arrow on main pulley behind belt cover) and you have oil flow.

The lever on top with power buttons is the clutch. Start the machine motor then use the clutch to start/stop the spindle. Note you can lift this assembly up and rotate it to position the lever in the orientation you prefer.

Everything on the left side of the main body is to control spindle speeds (aka speed box). All these controls are to be used *with the spindle stopped*, the motor can continue to run.

Everything up front is for directional control of the knee, saddle and table. The rotary selector on the front controls the feed speed selection and is best operated *with the spindle running*. Note that normal power feeds will NOT work without the spindle running. The long lever on the right side of the knee is the rapid traverse. Pulling it up engages the rapid overdrive for all power feeds that are engaged at that time, that can a single axis or any combination of them. Rapids will operated with or without the spindle running.

Back