What's new
What's new

table guides / protractor gauges for Di-Acro no. 1 sheet metal notcher?

metalmagpie

Titanium
I have a no. 1 Di-Acro sheet metal notcher. Like every one I've ever seen it is missing the two guides that are fastened to the notcher table. Many companies make 4 ton 6" notchers but there are several types of slots for the table guides so not everyone's table guides would work on my notcher. I have written Di-Acro asking for price/availability if they aren't obsolete or a blueprint if they are obsolete but I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to answer.

So I'm looking for the long shot - somebody who has these "protractor gauges" and is willing to send me dimensions.

Thanks for reading this!

metalmagpie

I took a few small pieces of 10 Gauge and slotted them with my bandsaw. No idea when I last used it, maybe 3 years ago?

Guides

I also have a di-Arco #1...but with guide plates. If these are what you are referring to. They are mirror images of each other. One for each side. The second image is scanned and scaled. They are cast and have a relief taper in the un-machined edges. The scan is the bottom of that taper...narrowest opening.
Hope this helps.

Guide.jpg
img001Scaled.jpg

Note: I was wrong. They are identical. Just flipped for the other side. One has the casting taper up and the other has the taper down.

Hey, thank you, KMoffett! Just what I was looking for.

If you don't mind, let me pick your brain a little. In your first image are seen two socket head cap screws holding the guide down to the table. A bit to the right of the upper screw head is a 1/4-20 threaded hole. All the other holes on that half of the table are on a 2 x 2" grid rotated 45 degrees. But that hole is kind of out in space by itself. Any idea when that hole is used?

Second question. There are 3 parallel slots on the table guide you show. Centered between the two right hand slots is a rounded rectangle about 1 x 1.875" with corner radii 3/16" (as best I can see). What is the purpose of that rounded rectangle cutout?

I make the dimensions of each of the 3 parallel slots as 3/8" x 2-3/8", is that right?

The center-center distance between the leftmost pair of slots is 2" and the center-center distance between the rightmost pair of slots is 7/8", is that right?

Thank you!

metalmagpie

Hey, thank you, KMoffett! Just what I was looking for.

If you don't mind, let me pick your brain a little. In your first image are seen two socket head cap screws holding the guide down to the table. A bit to the right of the upper screw head is a 1/4-20 threaded hole. All the other holes on that half of the table are on a 2 x 2" grid rotated 45 degrees. But that hole is kind of out in space by itself. Any idea when that hole is used?

Second question. There are 3 parallel slots on the table guide you show. Centered between the two right hand slots is a rounded rectangle about 1 x 1.875" with corner radii 3/16" (as best I can see). What is the purpose of that rounded rectangle cutout?

I make the dimensions of each of the 3 parallel slots as 3/8" x 2-3/8", is that right?

The center-center distance between the leftmost pair of slots is 2" and the center-center distance between the rightmost pair of slots is 7/8", is that right?

Thank you!
metalmagpie

All the holes are 1/4"-20 threaded. Maybe the images will help. The slots are where the fixed blades are adjusted. The two very close holes are probably to adjust the guide to odd angles. I also found a manual at vintagemachinery.org. But the PDF is too big to post here. SEARCH for di-arco under the Manufactures.

View attachment 274319
GuideAt45.jpg
FixedBladeAdjust.jpg

Attachments

• Plate.jpg
    Plate.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 120
Thanks, KMoffett. I was able to copy those parts. Here's a pic.

metalmagpie

tableGuide.jpg

Back