What's new
What's new

Table and Trunion for Doall ML: How available

medida

Plastic
Folks
I have been looking at a Doall ML that is missing the table top and trunion. All other parts are present and it looks to be in good condition. How difficult is it to find a used table and trunion? Trying to determine if it is worth pursing or not

thanks

I have heard that many people lift them by the table and snap the trunnions and/or table. I bought a belt/disk sander and two of the three trunnions were broken. I hope to silver solder them together. Seems like with a mill and a rotary table or boring head you could make new trunnions from bar stock.
Bill D.

the trunnions are probably the only things that break on these saws, so you probaby one find any used, but it wont hurt to look. If you want hurt, ask DoAll for a price for new ones. 15, 20 years ago they were something like 1800 bucks

If you did not need the full truinion capability, anyone thats got enough skills to use such a bandsaw could knock up a simple square mount and table in but a hour or so, need be little more elaborate than a good bit of kitchen work top as say the minimum. End of the day there but a simple bandsaw, ultimate precision is not really needed.

Perhaps not DoAll, but for many of the low-end bandsaws, any sincere attempt to replicate the table (in steel plate) will more than likely be superior to the original.

Back