Taylvel 1, 2
Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: Taylvel 1, 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Talyvel 1, 2

Well since I got such great feedback on this, I though I would post an update. I replaced all electrolytic capacitors with similar values. It seems to be more consistent, but really didn't fix much. One thing I would like to make clear to potential buyers ( EBAY, etc.) of these vintage units(Talyvel1&2 ? ) , If it doesn't work perfectly now...IT IS WORTHLESS!!!. DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS IF YOU CAN'T VERIFY THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! So many of the vintage components (germanium transistors) are almost impossible to replace. I am working to make a replacement board, but it is alot of work, and I just hate to have a worthless piece of crap in my collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have no idea what you're talking about.

3. Likes daryl bane, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry TALYVEL 1,2 People who know will know what this is. Wine responsible

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by daryl bane View Post
    Well since I got such great feedback on this, I though I would post an update. I replaced all electrolytic capacitors with similar values. It seems to be more consistent, but really didn't fix much. One thing I would like to make clear to potential buyers ( EBAY, etc.) of these vintage units(Talyvel1&2 ? ) , If it doesn't work perfectly now...IT IS WORTHLESS!!!. DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS IF YOU CAN'T VERIFY THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! So many of the vintage components (germanium transistors) are almost impossible to replace. I am working to make a replacement board, but it is alot of work, and I just hate to have a worthless piece of crap in my collection.
    I looked into making my own Talyvel sensor some years ago, but never did. Making the mechanical assembly was the hard part. The electronics were trivial.

Now, the non-working Talyvel units probably have electronics problems, as the mechanical parts are dead simple. So, just make your own electronics using modern components.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Closed due to meaningless topic title