What's new
What's new

Taylvel 1, 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daryl bane

Titanium
Talyvel 1, 2

Well since I got such great feedback on this, I though I would post an update.:mad5: I replaced all electrolytic capacitors with similar values. It seems to be more consistent, but really didn't fix much. One thing I would like to make clear to potential buyers ( EBAY, etc.) of these vintage units(Talyvel1&2 ? ) , If it doesn't work perfectly now...IT IS WORTHLESS!!!. DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS IF YOU CAN'T VERIFY THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! So many of the vintage components (germanium transistors) are almost impossible to replace. I am working to make a replacement board, but it is alot of work, and I just hate to have a worthless piece of crap in my collection.

Well since I got such great feedback on this, I though I would post an update.:mad5: I replaced all electrolytic capacitors with similar values. It seems to be more consistent, but really didn't fix much. One thing I would like to make clear to potential buyers ( EBAY, etc.) of these vintage units(Talyvel1&2 ? ) , If it doesn't work perfectly now...IT IS WORTHLESS!!!. DO NOT PAY BIG BUCKS IF YOU CAN'T VERIFY THAT IT WORKS PERFECTLY!!! So many of the vintage components (germanium transistors) are almost impossible to replace. I am working to make a replacement board, but it is alot of work, and I just hate to have a worthless piece of crap in my collection.

I looked into making my own Talyvel sensor some years ago, but never did. Making the mechanical assembly was the hard part. The electronics were trivial.

Now, the non-working Talyvel units probably have electronics problems, as the mechanical parts are dead simple. So, just make your own electronics using modern components.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back