What's new
What's new

Pathfinder 5

Metal Smith

Plastic
Howdy Folk's

I have an old 1976 vintage Teledyne/Gurley Pathfinder 5 Digital readout for my Bridgeport, and the LED's on the display have partially burnt out.

Where can I get replacement LED's?

I been looking for old used units but they are scarce.

Teledyne told me a long time ago they rob them out of old units they can't repair but sound like they are depleted, a place called Control Repair doesn't know if they have them or not and wants me to send unit in for repair about a $800 minimum charge and won't sell the LED's without sending in.

Help? Pete

Howdy Folk's

I have an old 1976 vintage Teledyne/Gurley Pathfinder 5 Digital readout for my Bridgeport, and the LED's on the display have partially burnt out.

Where can I get replacement LED's?

I been looking for old used units but they are scarce.

Teledyne told me a long time ago they rob them out of old units they can't repair but sound like they are depleted, a place called Control Repair doesn't know if they have them or not and wants me to send unit in for repair about a $800 minimum charge and won't sell the LED's without sending in.

Help? Pete

Did you try digikey ?

I can't tell from pix online but it looks like some older units were nixie tubes, which might be hopeless. If it's seven segment LEDs, those should be easy to buy and replace. Unsolder one and see if it has a part number on the side or back. Measure the height of the digits too.

Thank you all for the help!

I have contacted Digi-key and mousers both and waiting fur a reply.

Their selection is overwhelming literally thousands and thousands of product. I don't know where to start searching.............

These pins are not soldered in, they are stab in removable.

The only markings look like a A 7 9 and 13 on some written under the epoxy by hand, I was told this was possibly a date?

They measure approximately 1.100 x .825

Attachments

• IMG_7675.jpg
    IMG_7675.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19

Back