What's new
What's new

Thermite banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got kicked off PM once…It was a thread that was doing a lot of trump trashing and I posted “Besides all that He drives a Ford.” I thought that just a funny joke...But,
Someone did like it and so … Restoration Date—>Never.
Lucky, I had the email address of a few PM guys and they vouched for me and I got back on …,

Therm's post never bothered me and figure I would ignore someone who did.
Now that you mention it ..Perhaps thermite's new name might be...............Ops, almost let a cat ota da bag.

I don't think Therm ever got into my craw..perhaps because when I run into a can't win or even make sense situation I mostly just walk away..

like with.......Ops almost mentioned that,, I better get off this thread....PDQ.

I didn't even know there was a problem :shrug

Me neither. Thermite's dialect is out there. But, I actually like the guy.
I have seen JW say far more ignorant stuff than Thermite, and not get banned.
Of course, there are a bunch of sub-forums here I never venture in to. So, maybe something nasty went down I didn't see?

poor guy likely to jump off a bridge now..

no kidding. I like the guy as well, he's intelligent and has a lot knowledge. I'd like him even more at 1/10 the posts :) Those two would toss rocks in that sub forum, its heavily moderated so no surprise at the bans, imo

Thermite's unique English to express his thoughts was a little [on edit: hyperbolic understatement] obtuse sometimes, but interesting and (to me) never offensive. IIRC, I did see some p!$$ing match posts with someone else a while back. Didn't bug me, but both guys should have realized it wasn't a fight worth fighting. Put an ignore filter on a guy if he bugs you, and move on.

I've learned to use the ignore button for a few members who seem to spend most of their time insulting or acting like their opinion is gospel. It really makes the forum much more enjoyable and helps my blood pressure stay where it should. Every once in a while I turn the ignore button off to see a particular reply, but then turn it right back on because it's always the same old tone. I highly recommend it for those that make you grit your teeth.

My opinion means nothing, but I will say Thermites combination of Presence.....as in.... many, many replies in seemingly every thread I happen to read on this forum, AND his somewhat annoying self-invented dialect did get to be....annoying.

If he:
A. Posted less replys in his normal, annoying and somewhat difficult to follow lingo....
Or
B. Posted in major volume as he did, but written in Plain English.....
It would be a lot less annoying for sure.
It's the combination that's the problem.
For me.
Maybe for others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back