What's new
What's new

Thread on Fowler gages

vettedude

Stainless
I had started a thread a day or so ago discussing my disappointment over a specific tool. Was this locked or deleted? I tried to PM the moderator but his inbox is full.

I think it is gone. likely the moderator can do that. Don't think you answered if the tool did what it was supposed to do..measure well so just as well that it is gone IMHO..
Bought from Amazon where you can zoom in on the product and see the features, so not happy with its looks does not seem justified.

If it did not look like the photo then it should be sent back IMHO.

The title of that post was a bit brash. I don't think any of us would want such a blanket statement made about our company or products. I am no lawyer, but I could see posts like that as being considered libelous.

The title of that post was a bit brash. I don't think any of us would want such a blanket statement made about our company or products. I am no lawyer, but I could see posts like that as being considered libelous.
IT has a question mark, i didn't call them anything in the title, i asked for opinions/facts and shared my own. If you make a product and predicate it on your history and pedigree and it is a piece of crap you should answer to that.

I think it is gone. likely the moderator can do that. Don't think you answered if the tool did what it was supposed to do..measure well so just as well that it is gone IMHO..
Bought from Amazon where you can zoom in on the product and see the features, so not happy with its looks does not seem justified.

If it did not look like the photo then it should be sent back IMHO.

It does not measure well, in my follow up post i addressed the comment that i only provided opinions with some factual information on why i was unhappy. I believe it to be an unacceptable measuring device due to the problems with the rachet as well as the stiffness of the screw and inability to maintain an IP54 raiting under long term use.

If there is no repeatable torque feature and it is supposed to have one or appears that there is one, i think thats deceptive and unacceptable advertising.

I had not seen this information about fowler and feel my post was a very fair warning, I always figured they were a good metrology supplier, and never saw negative comments.

It does not measure well, in my follow up post i addressed the comment that i only provided opinions with some factual information on why i was unhappy. I believe it to be an unacceptable measuring device due to the problems with the rachet as well as the stiffness of the screw and inability to maintain an IP54 raiting under long term use.

If there is no repeatable torque feature and it is supposed to have one or appears that there is one, i think thats deceptive and unacceptable advertising.

I had not seen this information about fowler and feel my post was a very fair warning, I always figured they were a good metrology supplier, and never saw negative comments.

Wait, what?! I have never thought of Fowler as 'good'. They are ok (from what I have used), but I thought I heard they were re-branded chinese stuff? I could be wrong, maybe someone can find a reference for that?

We bought a Fowler brand setting master and it was pretty nice, accurate to our ring gages, nice compact aluminum case, pretty damn good overall. So good, i recommended it to my pt boss. Well we ordered one and got this gigantic plastic case, poor quality overall, it was designed so you had to assemble/disassemble every time if you wanted to put it back in the case! :angry: :toetap:

Some of the Fowler stuff is very high quality. The Bowers pistol-grip bore gages were always a treat to use, but as with anything top-notch, the price is reflective of such.

That is odd. Normally Milacron is not a pussy about calling a spade a spade. As long as you don't call him the former.
The title was too broad a brush..... like complaining about your Myford home shop lathe and damning the whole company when they also made one of the finest little cylindrical grinders ever made. Search engines pick up on post titles more than the context so an bogus title can hurt the whole company as most folks don't have the time to read the details.

And FWIW, Fowler is not one of our advertisers and have not heard from them on this, I just think it's the right thing to do.

Back