What's new
What's new

A thread title can be edited

dgfoster

Diamond
This is strictly a test. If the title says "can't," I was unable to go advanced and edit the title after posting it.

This question just came up in another thread.

Since it now says "can" I was able to edit the title by going to "advanced." Thanks for the tip Ray Behner.:)

Denis

Easley, that makes sense as I was sure I had tried the same in the past and failed. And, ineeded, I just now tried and the title is no longer editable---if that is a word.

Denis

This is strictly a test. If the title says "can't," I was unable to go advanced and edit the title after posting it.

This question just came up in another thread.

Since it now says "can" I was able to edit the title by going to "advanced." Thanks for the tip Ray Behner.:)

Denis

Yes and no. You can change it on your post, but not on your thread, so it's still kinda useless.

Ray,

I did change the title of the thread by going to the advanced mode very soon after posting this test thread. But later, I was not able to alter the thread title. Post titles are editable for what, a couple days after posting just like posts themselves.

And I see autocorrect changed " ewsley" to "Easley." Ah, these electronic marvels....

Denis

It shouldn't be hard, I would think, to just remove the time constraint and let posters edit any time they feel it necessary, such as when "SOLD" could usefully be added to a FS post's title. What is the rationale for the present time limit?

-Marty-

It shouldn't be hard, I would think, to just remove the time constraint and let posters edit any time they feel it necessary, such as when "SOLD" could usefully be added to a FS post's title. What is the rationale for the present time limit?

-Marty-

VB as-implemnted on, for example, jaguarforums.com has exactly that feature set.

OTOH, if I had to guess, (and I DO have to guess..) that forum has perhaps one-tenth-of-one percent of PM's traffic. If even that much.

VB devel's commitment to a fragile alleged RDBMS (MouseSqueal+InnoDB) is the limitation.

PostgreSQL (or IBM IMS)) cudda handled the extra workload without a whimper, MSQL, not so easily.

Hints are one DB maintenance run per 24 hours ceased to be good enough 'a while' ago. There is a LOT of 'stuff' in PM after all these years, and it is more an 'object' - even hierarchical - DB challenge than Relational.

Indexing all that effectively has to be getting harder by the week.

Bill

Back