What's new
What's new

Tilting head vertical saw brands

turnworks

Cast Iron
Best saw I've ever used for general fabrication has been a very old marvel tilting head vertical.

I'm on the look out for one but really prefer a smaller version but I'm coming up empty in my searches.

Guessing there isn't a big market for a smaller one but was hoping someone knew of a brand that makes them.

Thanks.

Best saw I've ever used for general fabrication has been a very old marvel tilting head vertical.

I'm on the look out for one but really prefer a smaller version but I'm coming up empty in my searches.

Guessing there isn't a big market for a smaller one but was hoping someone knew of a brand that makes them.

Thanks.

Do-all makes (or made) one, Metal Mizer makes one, Roll-in makes one, and Baxter Verticut makes one.

Thank you, 2 of those I had never heard of. What key words did you used to find them or just already knew about them?

Reminds me of a nightmarish story. Went to a GE turbine plant auction not too far from here a few years ago. After the auction I noticed a very nice marvel saw that was never lotted and asked the plant manager about it. They apparently didn't have time to clean it to comply with their environmental policy or some such nonsense. I tried to convince them that I could take care of that and tried to buy it, but they refused. It was crushed into a dumpster with an excavator when I returned for pickup. So much for the environment! At that auction I bought a bunch of Vektek hydraulic hold down clamps. Sold about half of them a few months later. Guess who the buyer was?

Back