What's new
What's new

ToAuto 2 axis DRO fitted to lathe.

Purity Vendetta

Plastic
Hi, I have just fitted this Chinese ToAuto DRO to my Harrison M300 and was wondering if anyone knows how to move the decimal point as currently it appears to be one place to the left of where it needs to be. For example it reads 000.1375 instead of 001.375 when reading 1.375" Okay I know what the readout is saying but it's not intuitive and would be far easier to use if whole inches and millimetres appeared to the left of the decimal point. I hope this is the correct forum for this question and any help is much appreciated as the manual isn't very helpful and is written in chinglish.

Shoot them a email they will get right back to you and tell you how pretty good at it seems like. I have 3 of those things seem to work pretty dam good for the price. Some of the terminology is very chinglish but work once you figure them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem solved... I was a bit tired and not thinking laterally. Just in case anyone else encounters the same issue it turned out that I'd inadvertently set the encoder resolution incorrectly. I fed in the correct resolution as written on the encoder into the settings menu and all is well with my world. The manual could be a lot better but as Turbowerks said, the units themselves are really rather good. Glad to hear that there is support via email as there are quite a few parameters in the set up menu the manual doesn't cover.

I know this is a old topic , but wondering how your Toauto DRO"s have been holding up for both of you folks ?
thanks
animal

I know this is a old topic , but wondering how your Toauto DRO"s have been holding up for both of you folks ?
thanks
animal

I put one of the LCD ones on my HBM about a year and a half ago, it's used pretty heavily, works great, no reliability issues yet.

I highly recommend the LCD display one for milling type machines, the advanced functions are much easier to work with on the lcd compared to segment displays.

I had to rewire the encoder sockets internally to suit my anilam scales, no big deal but I did have the dro apart in order to do so, and it is very cheaply made inside. However, considering the dro counter unit was under £100 even for the fancy lcd version, I really don't care if it has a short life span, I'll just buy another one and swap it out.

I only know about DRO's what I've seen & read online . I have a mill from another country that is not the USA . I was told that it was purchased @ 40 years back from a country that was know to make good machines for a import . My dials are not in inches . I still need to see what the leadscrew TPI is .
I know that I will need the option to read in inches , the bolt circle will be great to have . Just how much of all the other functions that come on DRO's are actually used ? I see different displays that have different amounts of keys . Are there certain functions that I would really want . Not sure if I should have started a new thread for this , if so please relocate it .
thanks
animal

I forgot about the edgefinder , Hole circle & I need to read up on tool offsets . Not sure if the tool offset option is more important on a lathe vs a mill .
thanks
animal

Back