What's new
What's new

Toolholder - type ?

maws

Plastic
Anyone know what this holder is called ? (is it a ISO 40 ?) - and if so is there any other "names" of these.

Any tip on good quality holders and places they sell em would also be of interest.

20200508_131137_1.jpg20200508_131158_1.jpg20200508_131142_1.jpg20200508_131242_1.jpg

It is a DV type toolholder... Google DV DIN 69871

Mike

Thanks, found some more info now.

Also found something in the manual where it says one need to use a shank with adapter "3 11 11 2031" - is this some "standard" number or only a TOS number? (I guess it relates to the top "pull bar" sitting on it)

If not a "standard" what measurements do one have to look for when trying to track down a suitable adapter?

Use google it is your friend. Go to some of the companies that supply or make pull studs / retention Knobs and check. Some have cross reference charts to makes,numbers and sizes.
Maritool is a member here and I have bought pull studs for my Deckel from them. But just for example they only sell the inch version not the metric (or vice-versa). So you might have to go to several companies to find what you need or have them custom made if they are rare.

Pull Stud Machine Guide - MariTool
They seem like a good company but don't have a big selection of studs.

Here is another I have used.
Retention Knob Supply & Manufacturing Company, Inc. - Retention Knob Supply & Manufacturing Company, Inc.

Andy

It still would help to have better photos. Anyway I'm just guessing here but the way the pull stud looks in the photo TOS might have pick a set up that would allow both manual #40 tooling and CNC #40 tooling to be used in your spindle. A longer pull stud for the CNC stuff (like your photo) and a shorter one for the manual tooling.

Andy

Thanks, found some more info now.

Also found something in the manual where it says one need to use a shank with adapter "3 11 11 2031" - is this some "standard" number or only a TOS number? (I guess it relates to the top "pull bar" sitting on it)

If not a "standard" what measurements do one have to look for when trying to track down a suitable adapter?

You are in the European time-zone(s). Hit the "usual suspects" amongst online Euro-spec / DIN / ISO tooling suppliers.

Email the closest distributor who has what you need - or has a broad line and should KNOW about them.

Or ring them up.

Most will speak at least "bad English" as a second-language, even ToS.

It has become the language of "commerce" even between disparate Asians & Africans.

Alright, what's YOUR agenda? :scratchchin:

Somebody made a joke about self driving cars, where they’d get to a point where maintenance and refueling are completely autonomous. What that brings with it is the possibility of cars with a bad line of code caught in an infinite loop of driving around without passengers.

I think this bot has gone rogue; forever stuck making confusing comments to hyperlinks on random forums with no definite purpose. It’s a bit poetic really.

Back