What's new
What's new

Tos sn55b

Wd123

Plastic
Hello all,

I recently bought a second hand lathe, a TOS SN55b. I was wondering if anyone has any documentation or manuals of this machine?

Thanks in advance,
Wouter

I might have something at work... Think it is for a SN40 or 50. Can't really remember.
I hope that the machine is in decent condition. Great machines!

That would be really nice!
And yes it is in a good condition, there are some points to look after but it's a decent lathe.

Ok, I found the parts and drawings manual. I think it might have the electrical diagram too. It is all bound and I am unable to scan it all.
Anything specific that you are looking for?

I can't help you on the manuals, but I used to run a TOS back in the day, the thing was an absolute beast.

I can't help you on the manuals, but I used to run a TOS back in the day, the thing was an absolute beast.
Yeah I learnt to turn on a SN40 and a SN50. The SN50 was actually bough mid 80's as "new" because it was imported and the original buyer didn't pay up. It served a good 25 years with us before being sold off. Then obviously the new buyer had endless issues with burnt out clutches, later to find that his "turner" was not switching the machine off and leaving it just in the sweet spot before the spindle starts turning :angry:

Ok, I found the parts and drawings manual. I think it might have the electrical diagram too. It is all bound and I am unable to scan it all.
Anything specific that you are looking for?

I Already have the electrical drawings, it would be very usefull to have the manual and parts book. If you can't scan it would you be able to take pictures of the pages, that would be very usefull!

Like I said, I have the part diagrams but would be a REAL pain to scan it all. I could go to a postnet over here and see if they can do it for me "you". It is all bound, let me see what I can do.

Itt is for your exact machine the 55B

Back