What's new
What's new

Translation from English to German, French and Spanish

I'm sure several members can more than "just" English. Many Canadians are probaby excellent at both English and French.

I’m looking for members that have one of those languages (German, French, Spanish) as “normal” and would be willing to translate a small brochure I have in English into "their" language. I’m not keen on using a “translator” as I’d prefer someone with technical knowledge.

It is of course something I’d expect to pay for.

This is what I'd want translated into those languages.

Brochure1.jpg

Brochure2.jpg

I'm sure several members can more than "just" English. Many Canadians are probaby excellent at both English and French.

I’m looking for members that have one of those languages (German, French, Spanish) as “normal” and would be willing to translate a small brochure I have in English into "their" language. I’m not keen on using a “translator” as I’d prefer someone with technical knowledge.

View attachment 282121

View attachment 282122

Amazon Linguistic Solutions - Logistics Plus

These people are local, the only link I can find is for "amazon sellers" but I think they doo what you want.

Sorry, don't know what a thread is or a calipers.....

Seriously, whatever you do, don't let it sound like those little pamphlets written in Chinese and cranked through Google Translate.

As in a light bulb package-"Please install in a whirling way".

Not surprised. Some of you think it's better to be "funny" than let a person earn some money. I want a machinist, not a translator.

I'm guessing about $150 per language for what will probably be max 1 hours work.

My wife is fluent in German and French but isn't technical so that's why I'm not asking her.

My German is indistinguishable from that of 999 permille of Germany’s population, better even because I know about finesses among Bavarian, Brandenburg or Hamburg dialects. Piece of Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, a cake savoured in the southwest. Am besten Südwesten is a radio slogan.

French I can do, too. In case of interest PM me, please

Not surprised. Some of you think it's better to be "funny" than let a person earn some money. I want a machinist, not a translator.

I'm guessing about $150 per language for what will probably be max 1 hours work.

My wife is fluent in German and French but isn't technical so that's why I'm not asking her.

A very good price.. I would think 15 to 30 bucks an hour would be fair... but I am not a guy who can do it.
I may have two pages in German that I would like translated.

I do wonder about translating safety warnings. I suppose in the Eu the warnings are pretty consistent language to language. I do think the USA probably has more lawyers worrying about how many warnings to give and how to translate them into Spanish as well.
Bill D.

My German is indistinguishable from that of 999 permille of Germany’s population, better even because I know about finesses among Bavarian, Brandenburg or Hamburg dialects. Piece of Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, a cake savoured in the southwest. Am besten Südwesten is a radio slogan.

French I can do, too. In case of interest PM me, please

PM sent. We'll take it from there.

I do wonder about translating safety warnings. I suppose in the Eu the warnings are pretty consistent language to language. I do think the USA probably has more lawyers worrying about how many warnings to give and how to translate them into Spanish as well.
Bill D.

No safety warnings. It's a brochure.

Spanish is my mother language, I´m not a translator but this project seems to be just the right thing for these "stay indoors" times. Please send me the originals.

Hats off to you Gordon.I wish that the Swiss and German manufacturers of our equipment would hire US speakers to review or translate their manuals.
I had asked some of the German techs one time if there were many different accents in Germany as the US.One of them told me he couldn't understand hardly anything from the people from up north.
They all spoke excellent english.

Had one Dutchman working with us who had very good English.I asked if he had that as a second language in school.No he said he learned mostly from growing up watching tv programs subtitled in English.

gordon, if i knew what it sais, i would know if i can translate it (german). you can email me the text.

Spanish is my mother language, I´m not a translator but this project seems to be just the right thing for these "stay indoors" times. Please send me the originals.

You're the type I'm looking for. What I want is not an "exact" translation but someone that knows enough about my product to write an easy, understandable text. Send me your address (email rather than PM) and I'll send a brochure.

Going off track but those that say some can't understand what someone else says even although they have the same language don't seem to get dialects or accents. Most though, despite dialect, can read what is written.

I once stopped for gas in the middle of nowhere in West Virginia. While tanking up a (friendly) farmer drove up in a tractor and started talking to me. I just hoped I smiled and nodded in the right places as I understood very little of what he said.

Depends on who I'm talking to how much I modify my Glaswegian accent. I've never lost it or even tried to.

YouTube

You're the type I'm lookin for. What I want is not an "exact" translation but someone that knows enough about my product to write an easy, understandable text. Send me your address (email rather than PM) and I'll send a brochure.

I think you got the correct approach. Native speaking machinist with decent english skills is probably 10 times better than "real" translator.
Exact but nearly impossible to understand translations have also their places like keeping layers busy in US but this is not probably one of those cases. :rolleyes5:

Back