What's new
What's new

transporting a comparator

cg285

Stainless
transporting a microvu m14. the guy buying it wants to tote it on it's back or side. somehow i don't think that is a good idea.

anyone have any info regarding transporting this model?
thanks

Not sure about that make or model, but in general I'd be sure that the table is removed or firmly locks down as they are often floating on rollers. I don't know that I'd lay it over either as there are often loose lenses and optical assemblies held in place with gravity and a thumb screw that could rattle out. Be sure the screen is removed and properly protected.

a micro vue? I would just tie a rope to it and drag it by the bumper. However, you might want to stuff some blankets inside so the mirrors don't rattle around.

If you're not wanting to take it apart, put it in a crate and use foam filler blocks to fill the voids. I'd never try transporting one just tied down in a truck. I'd still take the screen and table off personally

I'd still call them. The same process is probably used on the newer stuff. And you have nothing to lose.

i got my first answer by email. when calling i get a recording and no return call

i think i'll just shrink wrap the glass and table and sit it upright in his truck. after he passes the gate he owns all the pieces

Do not remove the table. NO
If you remove the glass screen it will need to realigned for north/south and east/west.
And then there is the mirror alignment which after any move is questionable.
I'd tape the glass and stage and toss it in the truck. On it's side or back as needed to fit.
As a guy who calibrated a lot of optical compartors this not the best but it is being moved and I see little harm.
A 3000 dollar spring loaded pallet on a air ride van in upright would be best but that is big league and above this machine.
Bob

Back