What's new
What's new

Tree 2UVR - Missing a Grease Nipple?

jwaples11

Plastic
Happy holidays, I have found this forum very useful in setting up and buying spare parts for my Fairbanks-Morse motor era Tree 2UVR. This is my first question on the forum - the grease nipple that is supposed to be on the head on the underside near the speed adjustment in line with the axis of the motor -- should I be able to see it easily or is mine missing? I brought the old girl back to life last week and everything operates quietly and smoothly as it should and I want to keep it that way.

If it turns out that the nipple is missing (most likely along with the grease pipe) -- is the grease pipe something I could replace without disassembling the head? If so, does anyone have a spare or dimensions for one? Looks like something I could make on the lathe based on the cross-section in the owners' manual.

Jon W.
Detroit, Mich.

20191222_113025.jpg

Last edited:
I went and looked at mine and in that hole there is a tube M-1555 with a grease nipple M-1650 (#1681 Alemite grease nipple) screwed into the end. It is easy to see and to service. How that tube is secured in there, I just don't remember.

Gents - between your posts, rereading the parts list and bumbling into David Dominessy's YouTube video on rebuilding the head (click here), I learned that (1) the part number for the oil pipe on top is the same as the one on the bottom. I have one on the top (driven) pulley and thus, will be able to make a second one to replace the one that as missing on the bottom. (2) The pipe slides out with the top half of the pulley when you remove the motor. Victory!

Back