What's new
What's new

Tree mill collets Elaire Corp ?

ken moss

Stainless
I bought a set of collets for a tree mill form them. And it took me awhile to get the head put back together. when I got the head back together I checked the run out and the new collets ran out bad. So I called Mark at Elaire Corp and told him I had troubles with there collets and he had me send them back he told me over the phone that if they found the collets to be at fault that they would take care of it. but now I cant get hold of them they don't answer the phone ,voice mail or email I know someone checks the voice mail its been full a few time. anyone know if they are out of business Thanks ken

I bought a set of collets for a tree mill form them. And it took me awhile to get the head put back together. when I got the head back together I checked the run out and the new collets ran out bad. So I called Mark at Elaire Corp and told him I had troubles with there collets and he had me send them back he told me over the phone that if they found the collets to be at fault that they would take care of it. but now I cant get hold of them they don't answer the phone ,voice mail or email I know someone checks the voice mail its been full a few time. anyone know if they are out of business Thanks ken

"Glass houses"...

A Mark Neeley shows up as the owner & President.

It isn't a huge facility. Estimated 8 staff, 7 years in business, under $900,000 USD annual turnover. Other than the suite size (see online map & sat shots), any or all of that could be wrong - it usually is, at least partially. Paying fully-burdened costs for a headcount of 8 off the gross turnover says one or both of THOSE figures very likely HAS to be wrong.

Oddly, the business classification codes are not those of a primary manufacturer, either:

► The SIC code for Elaire Corporation is 8742 (Management Consulting Services).

► The NAICS code for Elaire Corporation is 541614 (Process, Physical Distribution, and Logistics Consulting Services).

He/they maybe had to return those collets to an OEM source for vetting? Do they try for a Holiday Season partial shut-down?

Several years ago a guy calling himself "colletmaster" posted on this forum and said he was elaire corp and they could make collets for anything! When I contacted them about collets for a k&t they blew me off and said they needed a minumum quantity After boasting they would do specials?

Several years ago a guy calling himself "colletmaster" posted on this forum and said he was elaire corp and they could make collets for anything! When I contacted them about collets for a k&t they blew me off and said they needed a minumum quantity After boasting they would do specials?

May be totally unrelated. or maybe not? But ISTR an ebay "store" using that "colletmaster' name. Basically, they were what I learnt in my brief "retail-centric" years to class in-general as scavengers or "remaindermen". IOW, they don't so much "make stuff" as "FIND stuff" and price it to "make".. money.

ELSE sort of wander-off to easier pickin's.

Can't blame them for that. Can't much predict their behaviour off it, either.

Back