What's new
What's new

Tree Mill HA-75 Horizontal Head Question

BobP

Aluminum
This is a horizontal head for a 2UVR or 2VG Tree mill. The first photo is the head and the accessories are in the second. Does anyone know what the parts in the second photo, shaped like the letter 'J', are used for?

Tree-Mill-Head-Attch-001.jpg

Tree-Mill-Head-Attch-002.jpg

Thanks,

Bob

I don't have a good pic, but this is a pretty good guess. Those arm or arms mount to the saddle and curve up to the front of the table. On the end of the arm they hold a vernier rod, that is used as a accurate table stop. This is all pre DRO stuff. They are called Metra-Vernier scales, and you are missing the rods. Looks like there should be some matching threaded holes for these to mount to directly to the knee under the table on the RH side, right next to the gib adjustment screw. I went and looked on mine and saw no holes, but this might be a you-mount'em kinda deal.

Thanks Daryl,

The pictures I posted were from an eBay listing. I recognised the other items except the 'J' shaped critters. I had recently bought a horizonatal head that only came with the driving gear. I had to make the special T-nuts and the wrench to open and close the collet holder. So I was just curious whether these were important parts of the horizontal head.

Javy,

Since you are in So Cal, there was a gentleman from Taft selling a Tree horizontal head on Craigslist and eBay for $175.oo within the last year. I don't think it sold. Since there are only a few machine shops in Taft, so you might give them a call to see if you can get lucky.

Bob

BobP, you said that you made the "collet closer wrench", do you have plans for that wrench. I need to make one but have not really looked at it yet. Thanks

I would be interested in plans or a sketch of the collet closer wrench. I have also recently aquirred a Tree HA-75 Horizontal that was missing the closer wrench. I am located in Simi Valley, Ca, very close to BobP in Camarillo, Ca. Maybe I could come by your place BobP and look at your closing wrench. Thanks

Scott Davis

Back