What's new
What's new

Troyke R-15 Worm engagement help

Raul McCai

Aluminum
EDIT SOLVED. There are two collars that need to be used. The inner Satin collar must be in the 12:00 position

It seems so obvious. But clearly there's something I don't know.
The R 15 has a rotary collar next to the dial and a label with an arrow telling you how to disengage the worm.
I wanted to spin the table so I disengaged it and spun the table.
Then I rotated that collar the other direction to re-engage the worm and NUTHIN~!! no engagement, I can still grab the table and spin it and the dial does nothing.

What Am I doing wrong?

20191119_140724.jpg20191119_140724.jpg
20191119_140717.jpg

Last edited:
Did the lever rotate all the way back to where it was when you started? That's a new one on me. Maybe a sheared key inside? But then the table wouldn't freely rotate... Hmm. Worm slid off the end of the shaft somehow? Lost all it's teeth? Might need to do some disassembly on this one. You're positive you have that lever back into the fully engaged position?

Did the lever rotate all the way back to where it was when you started? That's a new one on me. Maybe a sheared key inside? But then the table wouldn't freely rotate... Hmm.

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out.
The satin finish collar adjacent to the rotating engagement collar has to be in the correct clock position with the zero in the 12:00 position. Apparently they got slick with this model and made the worm engagement dependent on two operations.

Back