What's new
What's new

trying to find dual push button valve

turnworks

Cast Iron
Hello Im trying to find a 2 button valve and not having any luck. Im sure they are made but I think Im not using the correct terms to find it.

Basically I need a mechanical valve for low pressure liquid that can be turned on and stay on along with being turned off and stay off through an inline motion. Doesn't need to be two buttons but didn't find any single ones that were captive style. Size wise the smaller the better 1/8, 3/16 or 1/4" ID tubing.

I could build a simple steel block with cross holes and a cross drilled shaft with o rings that you push side to side but prefer to just buy something.

Have a feeling this is a simple one but just seem to be missing it.

Any input would be great.

That describes the bypass valve on my water softener cannister plumbing.
Slide the valve one way and water goes through the metal cylinder filled with resin.
Slide valve opposite direction and water goes straight into the house.

Im still only seeing monetary button valves or the latching ones that require a twist to unlock. Looks like Ill have to go with a solenoid valve and push button switch.

I swear I remember seeing a two button on/off switch on an old air pencil grinder but can't seem to find it.

Thanks for the help.

Check the Clippard application examples.

Study the definitions.

You want a simple on/off air-piloted valve?

Or do you want to route the fluid to one of two different paths?

My mental image of a two button switch/valve is an ancient wall switch for lighting. Which has gone out of style.

You can duplicate that in Clippard, with two momentary push button valves controlling an air-piloted valve.

Is this for human actuations, or a limit switch application?

Are you reverse-engineering, or designing from scratch?

Are you saying “captive”, when you mean “maintained”?

Is this for something more significant than a robotics competition?

If you can find a momentary 'push-on' valve, you can remove the return spring and then it becomes a 'push-on, pull-off' valve. I've done it a lot with pneumatic valves.

Mercy got in over my head on this one I think.

It was a customer requesting a fixture/device. Captive meaning like a button on the back end of a flashlight. Click it once and it stays on click it again(same motion) and its off. I may have misused the term maybe detent would be better? Looking for something similar but a valve for liquid again low pressure 7-10psi.

Nothing significant at all in my books but they are paying so Ill play.

Just one path not two. The plan is to reduce human action and have it automatic in the cycle through mechanical means.

The push pull might work given that I could use a magnet on its end to get the pull.

Thanks for the help.

Check the Clippard examples.

They show a reciprocating cylinder done with piloted valves.

When the double acting cylinder stops , the bleed air stops, the piloted valve no longer has a signal, and the cylinder reverses motion.

Back