What's new
What's new

16x60 Lathe

Captain4W

Plastic
I'm shopping for a NEW lathe in the 16x60 range. What's the best bang for the buck out there in a non Chinese unit? I really like the Summit lathes but $33K is out of my price range. I'd like to stay in that elusive $10K-16K range.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I don't want to deal with used.

Fairly recent thread discussing some options here.

Frankly, I think your choices are slim and none in that price range. You'll pay $10K or more for a decent, if not first-tier, Chinese mainland import in that size. You can either accept Asian import, accept used US/Euro old iron, or spend more money.

I would check with Webb Machinery. They sell the Cadillac lathe and the price may be some where near what you want to spend. I bought a new Webb mill from them and am very pleased with it.

Send a letter/email to Webb and Standard Modern and ask, I guess. Standard Modern doesn't currently list a 16" swing, so you'd inquire about their 18x60. There's a used 16x60 Standard Modern on eBay at the moment for $12K.

FWIW, South Bend (actually unmentionable Green company) is asking $16K for their model SB1055F Taiwan-made 16x60.

Back