What's new
What's new

Unimat PC Belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekraus

Plastic
I was given a Unimat PC in OK shape. There are 3 Timing belts used on the machine. 2 are decent and have markings on them. One is rotten. They perhaps are standard Gates PowerGrip belts but I cant find any that have the marked numbers. I am looking for the current Gates part #s.
I am also looking for a manual. The control board is cooked but the power supply is OK. I can retrofit the speed control. All I need is a belt source.

The Unimat is not a machine that is within the scope of this forum's guidelines. Another, good board for you would be here:

General

The belts are actually standard O-rings with a 1/4"/6mm cross section. They can be purchased from many suppliers, including McMaster. The cheap ones from local hardware stores or bargain auto parts places will not last long. You should get better grade, oil resistant o-rings. At least the Buna ones, but there are even better ones available.

McMaster-Carr

I will check sizes.

When will they learn... to read?

When will they learn....
Unimat SL O Ring Belts

The Unimat is not a machine that is within the scope of this forum's guidelines. Another, good board for you would be here:

General

The belts are actually standard O-rings with a 1/4"/6mm cross section. They can be purchased from many suppliers, including McMaster. The cheap ones from local hardware stores or bargain auto parts places will not last long. You should get better grade, oil resistant o-rings. At least the Buna ones, but there are even better ones available.

McMaster-Carr

I will check sizes.

Post #1 is about the CNC Unimat PC and specifically asks about timing belts, not O-rings or round belts. It is nothing like the old Unimat DB or SL. I guess the CNC model was priced new high enough (a few thousand $?) to not call it a hobby machine. They were meant for schools and perhaps wealthy hobbyists.

On the other hand, a busted little CNC machine is worth next to nothing and is definitely hobby fodder. He did say it was given to him.

DKMC had the right answer to the original question.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back