What's new
What's new

Unknown Italian lathe...

Jurrian

Plastic
Goodmorning,

I am Jurrian Mulder, an engineering student from Holland. In my free time I'm busy in my workplace, machining parts for others, or tuning 2 stroke engines. a few weeks ago I bought a second lathe, because my first lathe became too small. I would like to know the brand of the lathe, just in case something will break, I will have a line to search for. at this moment, the only thing I know about it is the following:
  • Its italian, according to some italian text about a type of oil, and the type plate at the elektrical motor. there is no type plate at the machine itself.
  • rpm range is from 250 til 3100
  • it has powerfeed in both directions, 6 speeds.
  • there is a oil pump installed, but isn't working at the moment
  • very heavely built
  • 160mm bison 3 jaw head on it, I don't think it's original.
  • there is a clutch and brake on it.
here are some pictures of it.
draaibank.jpg
draaibank 1.jpg
draaibank 2.jpg

I hope you guys can help me find some informations about this lathe.

greetings,

Jurrian

A search through lathes.co.uk might turn it up. I looked through listings A-G designated Italian without a match but it's likely there somewhere if you spend the time. One liability of searching that site is that there's too much interesting stuff to distract you from you original task.

How big is the lathe? how long would the longest piece be between centers and what is the maximum diameter it can swing?
What does that long lever on the bottom left do? Looks like it might be some sort of automatic stop for the carriage.
Bill D.

the longest piece between the centers will be approx 70cm. the lever on the bottem left is to lift the motor and clutch up, so you can move the belt from one to another pulley. I'll make some pictures of that this evening. max diameter I ll measure this evening too.
the long shaft underneath it is a automatic stop, it can turn 6 times, to stop the autofeed at different lengths without too much work. It seems like this lathe is designed for mass production

Back