What's new
What's new

UPS - "Delivery rescheduled"

Rudd

Stainless
Has anyone else been getting this? I track a shipment, it gets to town, "out for delivery", then I get a "Delivery rescheduled, check back for delivery time". I have not seen a brown truck in town for over a week, but UPS says they are still running.

I receive this yesterday, FWIW.

UPS® Service Guarantees Suspended

I
UPS Communications <[email protected]> Unsubscribe
Thu, Mar 26, 6:57 PM (12 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

UPS[SUP]®[/SUP] is committed to operating globally, except where constrained by government restrictions. The Novel Coronavirus pandemic has created unprecedented complexities, which have required us to constantly reassess our operations. Our highest priority is to help ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, and suppliers.
Suspension of Small Package Service Guarantee
Effective March 26, 2020 and until further notice, we have suspended the UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments to any destination, at all service levels. As the effects of the Coronavirus impact our infrastructure, we will continue to seek guidance from local and national government entities regarding applicable regulations. Please continue to visit ups.com's Coronavirus web page for the most up-to-date information regarding the impact of Coronavirus on UPS Small Package services. The UPS Service Guarantee is subject to change. For further details, see the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service.
Prior to shipping Small Package, please check to see if your recipient’s location is open, since business hours may have changed due to local restrictions. If the location is closed, we will hold your Small Package shipment and attempt to complete the delivery at a later date if the receiving location has indicated to UPS that it will reopen within 9 days. However, if the location is closed indefinitely, UPS will return the package to the sender.
For your convenience with Small Package services, The UPS Store[SUP]®[/SUP] and UPS Access Point[SUP]®[/SUP] locations can provide access to your vital deliveries. Also, you can sign up for free UPS My Choice[SUP]®[/SUP] service which enables you to provide more specific delivery instructions such as where to leave deliveries, or redirect deliveries to another location, and also provides you with the ability to receive delivery notifications.

Suspension of UPS Freight[SUP]®[/SUP] Service Guarantee
In addition, effective March 27, 2020 and until further notice, UPS Freight’s Service Guarantee for all Less Than Truckload services from and to all locations is suspended, with the exception of UPS Freight Urgent Services. Please continue to visit the UPS Freight website for the most up-to-date information regarding the impact of Coronavirus on UPS Freight services. Service guarantees are subject to change. For further details, see the UPS Freight LTL Rules Tariff.
Suspension of North American Air Freight Service Guarantee
Finally, effective March 25, 2020, and until further notice, the UPS Service Guarantee is suspended for all North American Air Freight services. Please continue to visit the UPS Supply Chain Solutions[SUP]®[/SUP] website for the most up-to-date information regarding the impact of Coronavirus on UPS Air Freight services. Service guarantees are subject to change. For further details, see the UPS Air Freight Terms and Conditions of Contract.

MRHFYLe2aMePDQ4oJIIGmE_vrf_E-AlFFqkS1QzD-1eMtZcbtdDtOHpM29aHa44OY76wbQ4iPbGJ5RyfXwztFkBdgU7wq8qUr_VYNqV8wuT-0W3Idgqk9dTCdHu3SiqIMSUlG15ADQ=s0-d-e1-ft

© 2020 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are
trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.

The Brown Bulletin is intended to provide critical information to UPS[SUP]®[/SUP] customers. You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to UPS email communications.

For information on UPS's privacy practices, refer to the UPS Privacy Notice.

Click here to unsubscribe from the UPS Brown Bulletin.

UPS, 55 Glenlake Parkway, NE, - Atlanta, GA 30328
ATTN: UPS Customer Communications Dept.

Please do not reply to this email.

thanks. One of two just came in a day late, no big deal. It was the second item I ordered.. ?
I had not seen that notice.
Usually when I get odd notices like that from them it means they delivered the package to Valhalla.

Amazon Prime has also massively changed their policy. They use to be "Free! Next Day by 10am!" or some such. Almost TOO fast. Dude, I don't need the 3 pack of socks delivered by your drone fleet.

I ordered a new laptop battery Tuesday. Should get here today. A days later I realized that all of my laptops (main, wife's, business spare) needed new batteries so I ordered two more. Wont' be delivered for a month. Not a big deal, but still....

Amazon is offering a month for pretty much of everything...but they seem to be actually doing about a week.

UPS....the virus situation has caused them to lose control of their operations. They are taking measures to ensure that they do their best. Please do not confuse this reason they are sucking with all the other reasons they have used in the past for sucking. Sucking is what happens when you overload too few drivers in poorly maintained trucks. That's a constant.

Their daily drill is probably tons of undeliverables because no one is at work, coupled with tons of extra residential commodity deliveries.

At what point do they become warehouse extensions, with un-deliverable packages that also can't be delivered back to the companies that shipped them.

Friend of mine, 29 years as a UPS driver. Tells me there are very few businesses unable to accept packages. Home deliveries have gone up.

Some businesses are run by dicks (no surprise) who have implemented 'safety policies' that impose a burden on the drivers. For example, one place told the driver "We have to take your temperature before we let you in". Driver told them, "You're not taking my f'in temperature. Do you want your shit or not....'?

Other places have designated one person to be the receiver/signer of packages. Of course, that person always is 10 minutes away when the driver shows up, and the driver is expected to wait. Driver tells them, 'Do you want your shit or not....?'

My McMaster Carr order did not show up...... Wife buys dog food from Chewy.com. FedEx always delivers it overnight. She got a notice that her orders will now come in ten days to two weeks!

I am not surprised, people are probably buying everything they can online to stay out of stores. Pretty sure UPS, Fedex, and USPS are seeing a huge uptick in volume. From what I hear UPS does not like paying OT, so if a driver is running behind the route doesn't get finished.

UPS - &quot;Delivery rescheduled&quot;

Ordered a ballscrew UPS Blue (2 day) Monday. Idaho to Ct, got it Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have yet to have anything delayed to me here, and just had a threshold ship from NJ yesterday appearing to be on time in transit now.

At what point do they become warehouse extensions, with un-deliverable packages that also can't be delivered back to the companies that shipped them.

That is a real issue for them I will bet that I would not have thought about, at least they all have systems in place for the end of year increase in capacity. Maybe some of that will need to start to come into play for prolonged holding of packages. Hopefully people in shipping/receiving are going to start checking with the other end before sending packages out to help avoid that.

I am not surprised, people are probably buying everything they can online to stay out of stores. Pretty sure UPS, Fedex, and USPS are seeing a huge uptick in volume. From what I hear UPS does not like paying OT, so if a driver is running behind the route doesn't get finished.

I always thought that driver was a salary position, and that is why some of them work hard to get done sooner while others drag their feet all day.

They get paid by the hour. A driver who drags his feet will run afoul of the union/UPS agreement on hours and sooner or later be made miserable. Don't forget...UPS runs millions of stops a year and has a pretty good idea of how long it should take. If that's not enough, the drivers are all equipped with GPS so the bosses know if the guy stops too long at one place or takes too long to get somewhere. No more good old days of rushing the first ten stops so you can fornicate with the lonely lady on Pine Street for half an hour.

UPS doesn't like to pay overtime but they do it plenty. It's cheaper than hiring another warm body. Warm bodies bring with them dependents, insurance costs, etc.

never yhoug that UPS coudl do such thing

Yes we have. Delivery has been much slower. UPS volumes are definitely up. My local driver claims he is doing over 200 stops a day, up from 160 for a heavy day. I haven't seen a delivery before 5:30 PM if lucky, usually closer to 8:00 PM. Worried it might be stolen when left outside.

USPS has had multiple slow, misrouted or simply not tracked packages both incoming and outgoing.

McMaster is the exception. They delivered (UPS) ground on Saturday, and are always next day- Where Chi-town to Mpls is always two days otherwise.

I imagine half their warehouse is a 'retraining' :mad5: center for shippers who dally

My advice: DON'T watch your tracking, nothing you can do about it, and it'll just cause an increase in your BP meds

Delivery Rescheduled from UPS is usually the driver giving up looking for the address for the day or just being delayed and marking it rescheduled. I posted here a while back about a package getting that treatment for over 10 days in a row.

OT - I have an incoming package sitting in the USPS NY international facility since June 6th. USPS says it's because they don't have enough people working to process the customs shipments. anyone else dealing with this? It was shipped from Ukraine on May 12th.

Back