What's new
What's new

Used Metal Lathe price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinquel

Plastic
How much should i pay for a lathe like this?

I recently came into possession of a used Central Machinery (Harbor Freight) 12"×36" Metal Lathe that I'm expected to pay for . Its 20 years old was in very poor condition when i received it: oil caked on every surface, oil has been blackened inside of gearboxes, some oil ports need replacing, some parts such as the ways and other sliding surfaces have rust on it and some minor pitting on it, the rack gear and lead screw are gummed up with oil, metal chips, and dust, the saddle has some metal that has been chipped off of it, the tool post has been run into the spindle, the screws for the saddle and tool post have some backlash, the motor for the lathe has oil and dust caked on it, the front control panel is really faded, the oil pan is ruined, and there's probably other problems with it that i haven't found yet. I found one that was near perfect condition online for $252 so I'm really questioning how much i should pay for this or if i should ask to have it for free because of all of the issues with it.
ways close up.jpgOverall view.jpgcontrol panel.jpgtool post.jpgManual.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back