What's new
What's new

UTR 300 diode labels

munja

Plastic
Respect for colleagues .....
The question is about the UTR 300 of the Battenfeld machine ... Has anyone had the opportunity to repair, repair the UTR300 card. I am really interested in the labels of the diodes on the input of the thermocouple .. The labels on the diode itself are
AX
5E
G1
I'm sending a picture of the card ... Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 179
Not a number that I recognize. It sounds like an OEM number.

If you need to replace it, try a 1N4005. If that burns out move up to a 1N4007.

the non-burned diodes on the fluke instrument are measured and not leaky in both ranges, which means they are bidirectional .... are you sure my friend i can replace with 1N4007?

the non-burned diodes on the fluke instrument are measured and not leaky in both ranges, which means they are bidirectional .... are you sure my friend i can replace with 1N4007?

Bidirectional? Or simply have a higher breakover voltage than just one junction's worth? No klew what they actually are, but back-to-backing or head-to-heading or stacking a pair or many of 1NXXX series is righteous .... for "some" applications.

Then there are Zeners.. avalanche mode protective diodes, etc.

You/we need more information. "Diode" alone is not a great deal more definitive than "fastener" is.

Fair bet a 5R4 GB won't do..

:)

on the body of the diode I do not have an indication of the direction of the diode, the anode and the cathode, so I assumed it was bidirectional ...... thanks for the reply

on the body of the diode I do not have an indication of the direction of the diode, the anode and the cathode, so I assumed it was bidirectional ...... thanks for the reply

There is a symbol for that, but ....

Any chance of getting a parts list / bill of materials / repair parts list or repair price list, if not a schematic?

If parts that commonly fail show up on such a list, their specifications might more easily be found?

SMD diode markings are such a mess that they are sometimes impossible to identify.
Is the diode connected between input signals? In that case its for transient/overvoltage protection, possibly bidirectional TVS.

Try the good ones with (lab) power supply and series resistor to see what zener voltage they have. IE. power supply set to 30 volts and 30kohm resistor to limit the current to 1mA.
If its thermocouple input there is no pressing reason to use higher rating than few volts.

What MattiJ just said, plus.. if you can get a part-circuit traced out and confirm that's where they sit, AND get the info on the thermocouple itself, THEN there may be a representative circuit or application note published by the thermocouple maker... or by other users of it ...from which detective work might find what is used with it..

I am really interested in the labels of the diodes on the input of the thermocouple .. The labels on the diode itself are
AX
5E
G1
I'm sending a picture of the card ... Thanks in advance

What are the part numbers on the two arrays of integrated circuits in the bottom to top row, left most side? The black ones and the yellow ones.
One set are probably ADC's or opto-couplers.

Are the diodes close to those integrated circuits?
They might just be a protective device that has no significance on performance. If so then almost any similar diode will do.
Better to look at part numbers of IC's and see if diodes are associated with them.

Can your camera take a good close-up picture?

Thanks friends for the help ......... the signal of the thermocouple probe is directly connected to those diodes .... parallel to them are the pins of the AD 594AQ circuit ........ it looks like transient / overvoltage to me protection, possibly bidirectional TVS, but ....? In the maintenance list I have only the individually presented panel, not the components on the panel

Thanks friends for the help ......... the signal of the thermocouple probe is directly connected to those diodes .... parallel to them are the pins of the AD 594AQ circuit ........ it looks like transient / overvoltage to me protection, possibly bidirectional TVS, but ....? In the maintenance list I have only the individually presented panel, not the components on the panel

In PARALLEL?

You are probably forked. Highly probable.

If some of them are burnt, they probably failed under an event so damaging they were UNABLE to fully protect what they were paralleled WITH.

Can you even get THAT component? And IF it was overcome, would it in turn have also allowed "whatever" to travel beyond and damage OTHER components associated?

It may well be a Transient voltage supressor, according to this list.

The SMD components marking codes database - Starting with 'AX'

You may have to search one by one for all the candidates. The data sheet should show case markings and when you have found a match you likely have your component.

A quick look (Bourns and Vishay) seems to show that "AX" designates a bidirectional suppressor with a minimum breakdown voltage of 11.1v and a maximum breakdown voltage of 12.8v.

Here's a link to the specs for the Diodes Inc. part listed.

https://www.mouser.com/productdetail/diodes-incorporated/smbj10ca-13-f?qs=gaDBXWSqsDDBp28YBScYdQ==

Polarity:Bidirectional
Termination Style:SMD/SMT
Breakdown Voltage:12.8 V
Working Voltage:10 V
Clamping Voltage:17 V
Package / Case:
DO-214AA-2 (SMB)

Yes, I found 4 AD594AQ short circuits and 2 FZL 4141D integral circuits not correct ..... I ordered all new components but did not know the diode label ... I will order the diodes under SMJ10CA-13-F because we most face to you, namely the voltage measured at those inputs without diodes is 9.8V DC ... let me know what I did .... thanks again to everyone

Yes, I found 4 AD594AQ short circuits and 2 FZL 4141D integral circuits not correct ..... I ordered all new components but did not know the diode label ... I will order the diodes under SMJ10CA-13-F because we most face to you, namely the voltage measured at those inputs without diodes is 9.8V DC ... let me know what I did .... thanks again to everyone

So far, so good.

The PCB will tell you how well you did.

Or how BAD the near-miss strike did.

Or maybe both?

:D

An I sure????? You say it is a diode. You post a photo where I can barely see diode sized components, much less any indication as to which component you are asking about. And you ask if I am sure? What do you think.

You say that the markings on it are "AX 5E G1". You also say that it does not seem to have any marking for polarity. And you say it shows conduction in both directions.

Did you remove the part from the board to determine all of the above. In my experience parts can have markings that are on all sides. And, a diode can not be accurately tested in the circuit with a multimeter because there are usually other conduction paths which can change the readings.

I have repaired circuit boards for over 45 years and virtually every diode that I ever saw DID have a polarity mark on it. How on earth would the original assembly worker know how to mount it if there was no mark? Frankly I do not even know that it is a diode. It could be a resistor or a coil or a capacitor or any of many other parts. You seem to think it is a diode so I gave you a good guess at a part that would probably work IF it is a diode. But sorry, no I am not sure and from what you provided, no one can be sure. I only provided a good guess and a part that would probably do no harm.

If you want better information, then I would suggest two things. First a close up photo of the area of the board where this component is. Second, take it off the board and look for any markings that may have been hidden while it was mounted. And, with your multimeter set to a scale that uses a DC bias Voltage of only 1.5 Volts AND with the part removed from the board, take the resistance/conductance readings again and tell us what you get.

Close up photos of the part from all sides would also be helpful.

IMG_3174.jpghere is a fellow layout of a panel with broken diodes and circuits

Attachments

• IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 77
Does this help?

Internal Error

Found in an one minute search on DigiKey.

Edit: The link shows as "Internal Error" but it does work. It goes to a search on DigiKey.com.

Looks like good candidate. 11 volt bidirectional transient voltage suppressor/zener diode so it won't conduct in any direction with DMM.
I found the same from my SMD databooks but was unable to match any of the following codes to anything

Utr300

Looks like good candidate. 11 volt bidirectional transient voltage suppressor/zener diode so it won't conduct in any direction with DMM.
I found the same from my SMD databooks but was unable to match any of the following codes to anything
To thank my friends and colleagues for the help and also apologize for the late reply, because for a while I was not in my country ....... I replaced all the components, integrated circuits, the card worked, and it works 3-4 hours after the error on the machine screen does not see the UTR card or the heating error ... I doubt the poor quality of the components I ordered new ...... I'll check and report ... anyway thank you all

Back