Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This site has become worse than the "Home Machinist" type for garbage posts and then the "make fun" followups just make it worse. What happened to "moderating" ????? :-(
    ...lewie...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
    This site has become worse than the "Home Machinist" type for garbage posts and then the "make fun" followups just make it worse. What happened to "moderating" ????? :-(
    ...lewie...
    "Moderating" has not removed the OP....that IS a spambot.

Please try to keep up sir.
    Last edited by digger doug; 04-13-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
    ...lewie...
    Well this whole thread sucks.

5. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

RE: QT Scottl -> Well this whole thread sucks.

Speaking about sucks...Vacuum cleaners are known for doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There’s no wire in a Willy enlarger, just a rubber tube, gets kinked your boned
    Mark

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A SERIOUS response.

It looks like the rest of the guys here may have chased you away. If not, I would like to ask for more details because there is no reason to respond to one possible way of seeing this question if you actually have another area in mind.

Just what wire are you talking about? The wire used to wind the motor? The wire used inside the machine to wire the various components together? Or the wire cord between the unit and the wall outlet?

One common thought on this is that copper wire is copper wire, PERIOD. Now, I know that there are some fanatics out there that will loudly proclaim the virtues of the highest quality, wire with the purest copper obtainable for their speaker cables. But in over 45 years as a broadcast engineer who designed and built several TV stations, I will tell you that there is little or NO difference between the copper wires or cables from any of the major (and indeed even 99.99% of the minor) manufacturers of wire and cable. Copper wire IS copper wire.

If you are really worried about the wire in any part of your vacuum design, just use the next larger wire gauge (lower numbers = larger wire) and rest easy.

And if you have a problem that goes beyond that, then please post a DETAILED description of it.

One more thing, vacuums are measured in relation to atmospheric pressure which is about 30 inches of mercury or 14.7 PSI. In a vacuum cleaner it is the OUTSIDE air pushing IN that performs the task. For the practical, everyday purpose of a vacuum cleaner, once you get within a few percent of those numbers you will only be chasing your own tail if you try to go further. Minor increases in the vacuum that is achieved will make little difference and the volume of air moved may be a lot more important than the degree of vacuum produced.

Do not believe what the TV commercials are pushing when they are selling vacuum cleaners.

Quote Originally Posted by kelly3421 View Post
    Hi,
    Hope everyone is fine. I love to make unique products and make changes in different machines. Nowadays I am working on a vacuum cleaner in which I am adding some extra vacuum power. I want to ask which brand of wire I should use because it will take a lot of energy to operate my machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Copper wire...

I used to work with an electrical engineer, a motor designer who was an Indian. He told us, "First year, I take all copper wire out of motor and replace with gold wire. Motor efficiency goes way up. I win award! Next year, I take out all gold wire, replace with copper wire. Cost goes way down. I win award....!

10. Likes boslab, Bobw liked this post