Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Meanwhile, the air is common to all of us ....
    Not if you design your smokestack right. As I was taught in England "make sure the plume is twice as high as the stack before it spreads out, then all of the pollution will land in Scandinavia."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    I've talked to three small biz owners in CA this past month...all volunteer that they're thinking of getting out of CA....

But it's all good....they can 'repurpose' that space where the heat treat facility was and build a strip mall with a nail salon, ice cream parlor, and insurance agency. And maybe even a vape store they can turn into a CBD store.
    Are you kidding me? Those would at least be "income producing". Naw, they'll turn it into a homeless camp.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Wow, Stoneaxe said a mouthful in the previous post. Going for that last 10% reduction is causing so much manufacturing to go to China and India with almost zero pollution controls. The permanent clouds of aerosols over those 2 countries bend the jet streams and further climate change and everyone wants to throttle western industry even more to curb just making it worse as the last western manufacturers close the doors.
    Fact check: you can see the sky in China now. I visited several cities and quite a few rubber manufacturing plants this time last year. There are particulate pollution meters with real-time numbers posted in public places. They looked really nice on Sunday, then Monday morning around 6 am you can watch the particulates go up. Whether or not that data is trustworthy is up to you. What IS known and valid is that factory owners all over China are complaining about the forced shutdowns. when the pollution gets too high, the gov't comes by and shuts off power to the industrial parks. Just straight up tells you that you're done. Shuts your doors for over a week in some cases.

4. Likes dgfoster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    I've talked to three small biz owners in CA this past month...all volunteer that they're thinking of getting out of CA....

But it's all good....they can 'repurpose' that space where the heat treat facility was and build a strip mall with a nail salon, ice cream parlor, and insurance agency. And maybe even a vape store they can turn into a CBD store.
    Naa, make it into a homeless shelter. And while your at it put a section of those 4'x 6' x 8' cubicles those dumbass's are living in for 800.00 a month!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Too bad to see them closing. More mfg jobs being lost in California. They are right in my back yard and have used them for many years now. They also own other H/T operations around town. Maybe this one was just not that profitable.