What's new
What's new

variable output air gun

roll maker

Aluminum
Seeking recommendations for an air gun as referenced in title that won't start to leak in a month. We do use regulated pressure. We have an old Cejn that works properly, the new ones we have are crap. Haven't been able to find one that lasts. Any suggestions?

OK as the new kid on the block and a hobbyist besides I'll take the fall on this and let you make me look like an idiot.

By "air gun" are we talking the hand-held thing you hold in your hand that a compressed air line is plugged into and you squeeze and air comes out the end? Or are you referring to a paint spray gun? And if it's the hand held thing then where in the world is it leaking?

Looking at "air gun" on Cejn's site was an eye opener since I didn't imagine that anyone would make something like this that would be even -cheesier- plastic than the pot metal air gun from Harbor Freight. It's hard enough for me to accept that nowadays people are even making PART of an air tool out of plastic and that other people are buying them but I never thought they would stoop to _all_ plastic.

My guess and I'm sure your not going to like it is you have guys who are using these plastic things then dropping them on something hard (the floor, a machine, etc.) whereupon they are smacking down and fracturing. Thus creating leaks.

Coilhose Pneumatic always worked for me. Haven't bought any lately so I don't know if the quality is still there but I have a couple still working fine that are older than some guys on this forum.

My four footer is an old Milton that was bought back when cars still used asbestos brake shoes. I bought it to blow out dust from backing plates with my face safely out of the way. It still get used for anything where I need a little distance.

IMO nothing made "over there" can match the quality and longevity of the stuff that was made in USA.

McMaster Carr blow gun Swiss made pistol style 25.00 seems like a winner to me
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As far as plastic, if it is the same as football helmets as it was once advertised, and was good enough for head knocking it should be fine for an air gun. I saw guns from a scandinavian country at IMTS some time ago. Impressive but pricey. Can't remember the name but have been unable to locate anything in the states. I'll look into the one in mcmaster carr.

There's several old threads on this. I did some searching a few nights ago.
I ended up ordering a few of the Silvent guns. Supposed to be quieter than some too. They are not cheap, but quieter is a big deal for me. Will follow up with initial report tomorrow. Long term sometime in the future. :)

eagle mike, looking forward to your review. Bill D, Yes Wind Gap Pa .Only political subdivision in the USA with the name of Wind Gap, I've been told. Not like a Springfield or Washington. Unfortunately built at the bottom of a hill in a swamp

Yes they are, just in a different packaging:) Snap-on AT4135

AT4135.jpg

Seeking recommendations for an air gun as referenced in title that won't start to leak in a month. We do use regulated pressure. We have an old Cejn that works properly, the new ones we have are crap. Haven't been able to find one that lasts. Any suggestions?
Silvent! Buy and never look back.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back