What's new
What's new

VDF Boehringer Mystery

VDF4Ever

Plastic
Hello Fellow machining enthusiasts!

I recently purchased this older VDF Boehringer lathe and i'm having trouble indentifying it. I can't seem to find any model or serial #'s... The girlfriend seems to think it would make an excellent boat anchor..... To me its funtional art!! Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. The lathe has one very intersting feature... Instead of having a tailstock it has a massive turret on its own carriage with FEED! Which I thought was pretty cool. PLease see attached pics and thanks for any help!
Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Quite an unusual design , sort of a cross between a centre lathe and a turret lathe. It's a Boehringer so it's a top quality lathe, I always thought they were up with Cazenauve and D.S.G. in the quality lathe stakes. I'd have preferred a centre lathe but I suppose it depends what work you intend to do with it. Regards Tyrone.

However : next time please check how old a thread is before you reply ....
Hello Lambert,

I knew full well that I replied to a thread from 2010.
Is there a time limit now for replying in the fora?

It just so happens that someone contacted me off list and when I saw that post I sent a reply.

My reply could be wrong as it could just as well be model 44D.

Hello Lambert,

It just so happens that someone contacted me off list and when I saw that post I sent a reply.

The lathe or the girlfriend?

Hello Lambert,

Unless finally solving some problem or updating some story digging up old threads is bad forum-manners.
It just clogs up the frontpage.

Who cares, thats one sweat lathe and some not too shabby wall paper, even if she damn near is old enough to be me grandma! :-)

Unless finally solving some problem or updating some story digging up old threads is bad forum-manners.
It just clogs up the frontpage.
And pointing out that it is a 44D or 48D is not solving some problem?

It strikes me that my post is the very first reply to a direct question!

Back