What's new
What's new

Versa mil made in UK

Baxandall

Plastic
I've just bought a Dumore Versa Mil No 2 made under license in the UK. I didn't know they were ever made here. Just looking at it, I'd say it's never been used and has sat on a shelf for forty years! thumbnail_versa 2.jpgthumbnail_versa 1.jpgthumbnail_versa 3.jpg

And what does it do? Pictures are too small to get a clear idea. Obviously belt driven off something or other. What is the curiously shaped proboscis for in picture #3 ?

And what does it do? Pictures are too small to get a clear idea. Obviously belt driven off something or other. What is the curiously shaped proboscis for in picture #3 ?

The thing is the motor mount.(3/4 hp?) It is incomplete, but with its attachments it can be a toolpost grinder and portable milling machine, cut keyways or drill holes in shafts without removing from lathe etc...Has a little shaper head that can cut internal keys.
Pretty sure it uses #3 morse taper tools but has a threaded stud in back to hold them in.
Here is a link to a more complete kit on ebay, the price is very high on this one, but you will get an idea of the total package:
Dumore Versa Mil Milling Grinding Drilling Slotting Lathe Attachment Set Rare !! | eBay

Back