Very OT:I ordered one 5/32 USA-made end mill on Amazon and got $1.5K of tools* - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    20,901
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16340
    Likes (Received)
    16774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Limi did you fix the clasp or was it a bit too small and delicate to mess with? When I borrow a tool I always try to return it cleaned up, freshly sharpened, full of gas and oil etc.
    Bill D
    No Bill, it was out of my league, I did let her know we've a very good local guy, but the lady had her own jeweller so back it went registered post.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    595
    Likes (Received)
    3138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    It's what happens when you put too much of the green sauce on your burritos. You trotsy right off to the bathroom and hope you can get your pants down fast enough ...
    ......... and then thermite's next PM post magically arrives....

    PDW

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    11,713
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2721
    Likes (Received)
    8165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    ......... and then thermite's next PM post magically arrives....

    PDW
    Does explain the aroma.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    moscow,ohio
    Posts
    6,492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    673
    Likes (Received)
    2238

    Default

    good on ya DF.

    amazon would have prob left the supplier in the lurch.

    nice to see some character these days.
    well done.

  5. Likes akjeff liked this post
  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    17,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    11119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    ......... and then thermite's next PM post magically arrives....

    PDW
    ... from a great height.

    That's why some of you lot are well advised to wear a hard-hat, even when keyboarding?

    The good news?

    Same folks can simply lick their chops and enjoy free lunch off of the overflow!


  7. #26
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Walla Walla Wine and Wild Turkey
    Posts
    5,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    21
    Likes (Received)
    600

    Default

    No magic with the termite post, he shits them out, but does no metal working at all.
    If the termite actually did one metal working thing other then trolling others threads, that would be magic.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    4,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1047
    Likes (Received)
    2399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    good on ya DF.

    amazon would have prob left the supplier in the lurch.

    nice to see some character these days.
    well done.
    When I talked to the supplier, he was, based on his prior experiences, pretty sure Amazon would have screwed up the situation worse had I retuned you Amazon. And, when I did call Amazon, the young woman I talked to clearly could not figure out how to handle the circumstances. Her software made no provision for such an occurrence and, without a box to click, she had no way to close out the transaction. I convinced her to forget the other items sent to me and mark the sale complete and customer satisfied. She seemed relieved and did just that. After all, Amazon never showed receipt of the full shipment, so return of “non-existent” items would have really confused accounting.

    Denis

    Side note: I nearly missed this on-topic reply since it was buried in the seemingly endless stream of crap that lands in so many threads produced by two thoughtless children who have decided their need to feud publicly overrides everyone else’s need for a reasonably functional forum. I guess hoping for either of them to exhibit some self-awareness is as unlikely as either of them winning their sand-kicking contest. I, for one, am very weary of it.

  9. Likes DanLinsch, akjeff liked this post
  10. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    17,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    11119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgfoster View Post
    When I talked to the supplier, he was, based on his prior experiences, pretty sure Amazon would have screwed up the situation worse had I retuned you Amazon. And, when I did call Amazon, the young woman I talked to clearly could not figure out how to handle the circumstances. Her software made no provision for such an occurrence and, without a box to click, she had no way to close out the transaction. I convinced her to forget the other items sent to me and mark the sale complete and customer satisfied. She seemed relieved and did just that. After all, Amazon never showed receipt of the full shipment, so return of “non-existent” items would have really confused accounting.

    Denis

    Side note: I nearly missed this on-topic reply since it was buried in the seemingly endless stream of crap that lands in so many threads produced by two thoughtless children who have decided their need to feud publicly overrides everyone else’s need for a reasonably functional forum. I guess hoping for either of them to exhibit some self-awareness is as unlikely as either of them winning their sand-kicking contest. I, for one, am very weary of it.
    And I am EASILY as weary of your ADDING to it!

    That situation would not even exist were it not for so many UNINVOLVED pompous "commentators" making a POINT of exacerbating it, now WOULD it?

    I am not he "playing" y'all as "troll toys".

    "Volunteers", for Wall Walla Whining Wild Turkey's game, the lot of yah as cannot be BOTHERED to use PM's "ignore" function. Or the one between your screen and brain.

    "Volunteers" as would rather spew a bit of gasoline onto an otherwise ignorable minor spark of mere nuisance to interject their OWN emotions in public.

    A minor nuisance as would go away "Real Soon NOW"... if only you would CEASE re-kindling the embers of the drama-queen's game, and ALLOW it to go away!

    Whose fault is that?

    "Volunteers" seeking to claim victimization.. then make a POINT of their OWN butt-hurt over it?

    Oh, the humanity!

    What sort of foolishness is THAT?

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    330
    Likes (Received)
    387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dgfoster View Post
    When I talked to the supplier, he was, based on his prior experiences, pretty sure Amazon would have screwed up the situation worse had I retuned you Amazon. And, when I did call Amazon, the young woman I talked to clearly could not figure out how to handle the circumstances. Her software made no provision for such an occurrence and, without a box to click, she had no way to close out the transaction. I convinced her to forget the other items sent to me and mark the sale complete and customer satisfied. She seemed relieved and did just that. After all, Amazon never showed receipt of the full shipment, so return of “non-existent” items would have really confused accounting.

    Denis

    [snip]
    This is exactly why, when I received a mattress pad from Amazon, addressed to me, with no record of the order on my account and no knowledge of such an order from anyone who had access to a shared computer that could have "misremembered" the shipping address, I simply gave it to my mother who owns an appropriately sized bed.

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    78

    Default

    I wanted to buy four combination smoke and CO detectors, and mistakenly ordered four packages of four from Amazon costing more than $600. When I tried to return the excess ones, I was told they could not accept returns because the detectors contain radioactivity. I pointed out that they used photodetectors and had no radioactivity. This complication was too much for them, and they told me to just keep them and refunded the entire charge, so I got them free! Gave away a lot of smoke and CO alarms last Christmas.

    Jon

  13. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Posts
    5,863
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2308
    Likes (Received)
    2908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdgoguen View Post
    I wanted to buy four combination smoke and CO detectors, and mistakenly ordered four packages of four from Amazon costing more than $600. When I tried to return the excess ones, I was told they could not accept returns because the detectors contain radioactivity. I pointed out that they used photodetectors and had no radioactivity. This complication was too much for them, and they told me to just keep them and refunded the entire charge, so I got them free! Gave away a lot of smoke and CO alarms last Christmas.

    Jon
    Before Amazon, but my boss at another job ordered 4 smaller needle nose vise grips, received 4 boxes. Everyone one in the toolroom got a set of 4 (we had a job that used 4 of them to make assembling/disassembling much easier).

  14. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    UTAH
    Posts
    586
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    93
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    A Amazon driver left 5 packages at our front door all addressed to the same person at the same address. Problem was it was to someone 60 miles away. Address and Zip code wasn't even close to a match to ours. Called Amazon and they had no clue what to do other than suggest we drop it off at a local UPS Store. I did that and the young girl in the UPS store didn't know what to do either because they had Amazon tracking labels. I said they're yours now and left them there.

  15. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stillwater, Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,622
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    125
    Likes (Received)
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    A Amazon driver left 5 packages at our front door all addressed to the same person at the same address. Problem was it was to someone 60 miles away. Address and Zip code wasn't even close to a match to ours. Called Amazon and they had no clue what to do other than suggest we drop it off at a local UPS Store. I did that and the young girl in the UPS store didn't know what to do either because they had Amazon tracking labels. I said they're yours now and left them there.

    You had a name and address so you should have been able to get a phone number. Could have given it a call with "You've got five packages free from Amazon. All you have to do is ...."


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •