Very OT:I ordered one 5/32 USA-made end mill on Amazon and got $1.5K of tools* - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Limi did you fix the clasp or was it a bit too small and delicate to mess with? When I borrow a tool I always try to return it cleaned up, freshly sharpened, full of gas and oil etc.
    Bill D
    No Bill, it was out of my league, I did let her know we've a very good local guy, but the lady had her own jeweller so back it went registered post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    It's what happens when you put too much of the green sauce on your burritos. You trotsy right off to the bathroom and hope you can get your pants down fast enough ...
    ......... and then thermite's next PM post magically arrives....

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post

PDW
    Does explain the aroma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

good on ya DF.

amazon would have prob left the supplier in the lurch.

nice to see some character these days.
    well done.

5. Likes akjeff liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post

PDW
    ... from a great height.

That's why some of you lot are well advised to wear a hard-hat, even when keyboarding?

The good news?

Same folks can simply lick their chops and enjoy free lunch off of the overflow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No magic with the termite post, he shits them out, but does no metal working at all.
    If the termite actually did one metal working thing other then trolling others threads, that would be magic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    good on ya DF.

amazon would have prob left the supplier in the lurch.

nice to see some character these days.
    well done.
    When I talked to the supplier, he was, based on his prior experiences, pretty sure Amazon would have screwed up the situation worse had I retuned you Amazon. And, when I did call Amazon, the young woman I talked to clearly could not figure out how to handle the circumstances. Her software made no provision for such an occurrence and, without a box to click, she had no way to close out the transaction. I convinced her to forget the other items sent to me and mark the sale complete and customer satisfied. She seemed relieved and did just that. After all, Amazon never showed receipt of the full shipment, so return of “non-existent” items would have really confused accounting.

Denis

Side note: I nearly missed this on-topic reply since it was buried in the seemingly endless stream of crap that lands in so many threads produced by two thoughtless children who have decided their need to feud publicly overrides everyone else’s need for a reasonably functional forum. I guess hoping for either of them to exhibit some self-awareness is as unlikely as either of them winning their sand-kicking contest. I, for one, am very weary of it.

9. Likes DanLinsch, akjeff liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dgfoster View Post
    When I talked to the supplier, he was, based on his prior experiences, pretty sure Amazon would have screwed up the situation worse had I retuned you Amazon. And, when I did call Amazon, the young woman I talked to clearly could not figure out how to handle the circumstances. Her software made no provision for such an occurrence and, without a box to click, she had no way to close out the transaction. I convinced her to forget the other items sent to me and mark the sale complete and customer satisfied. She seemed relieved and did just that. After all, Amazon never showed receipt of the full shipment, so return of “non-existent” items would have really confused accounting.

Denis

Side note: I nearly missed this on-topic reply since it was buried in the seemingly endless stream of crap that lands in so many threads produced by two thoughtless children who have decided their need to feud publicly overrides everyone else’s need for a reasonably functional forum. I guess hoping for either of them to exhibit some self-awareness is as unlikely as either of them winning their sand-kicking contest. I, for one, am very weary of it.
    And I am EASILY as weary of your ADDING to it!

That situation would not even exist were it not for so many UNINVOLVED pompous "commentators" making a POINT of exacerbating it, now WOULD it?

I am not he "playing" y'all as "troll toys".

"Volunteers", for Wall Walla Whining Wild Turkey's game, the lot of yah as cannot be BOTHERED to use PM's "ignore" function. Or the one between your screen and brain.

"Volunteers" as would rather spew a bit of gasoline onto an otherwise ignorable minor spark of mere nuisance to interject their OWN emotions in public.

A minor nuisance as would go away "Real Soon NOW"... if only you would CEASE re-kindling the embers of the drama-queen's game, and ALLOW it to go away!

Whose fault is that?

"Volunteers" seeking to claim victimization.. then make a POINT of their OWN butt-hurt over it?

Oh, the humanity!

What sort of foolishness is THAT?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dgfoster View Post

Denis

[snip]
    This is exactly why, when I received a mattress pad from Amazon, addressed to me, with no record of the order on my account and no knowledge of such an order from anyone who had access to a shared computer that could have "misremembered" the shipping address, I simply gave it to my mother who owns an appropriately sized bed.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wanted to buy four combination smoke and CO detectors, and mistakenly ordered four packages of four from Amazon costing more than $600. When I tried to return the excess ones, I was told they could not accept returns because the detectors contain radioactivity. I pointed out that they used photodetectors and had no radioactivity. This complication was too much for them, and they told me to just keep them and refunded the entire charge, so I got them free! Gave away a lot of smoke and CO alarms last Christmas.

Jon

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jdgoguen View Post
    I wanted to buy four combination smoke and CO detectors, and mistakenly ordered four packages of four from Amazon costing more than $600. When I tried to return the excess ones, I was told they could not accept returns because the detectors contain radioactivity. I pointed out that they used photodetectors and had no radioactivity. This complication was too much for them, and they told me to just keep them and refunded the entire charge, so I got them free! Gave away a lot of smoke and CO alarms last Christmas.

Jon
    Before Amazon, but my boss at another job ordered 4 smaller needle nose vise grips, received 4 boxes. Everyone one in the toolroom got a set of 4 (we had a job that used 4 of them to make assembling/disassembling much easier).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A Amazon driver left 5 packages at our front door all addressed to the same person at the same address. Problem was it was to someone 60 miles away. Address and Zip code wasn't even close to a match to ours. Called Amazon and they had no clue what to do other than suggest we drop it off at a local UPS Store. I did that and the young girl in the UPS store didn't know what to do either because they had Amazon tracking labels. I said they're yours now and left them there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    A Amazon driver left 5 packages at our front door all addressed to the same person at the same address. Problem was it was to someone 60 miles away. Address and Zip code wasn't even close to a match to ours. Called Amazon and they had no clue what to do other than suggest we drop it off at a local UPS Store. I did that and the young girl in the UPS store didn't know what to do either because they had Amazon tracking labels. I said they're yours now and left them there.

You had a name and address so you should have been able to get a phone number. Could have given it a call with "You've got five packages free from Amazon. All you have to do is ...."