What's new
What's new

Waaay OT- Are 12 cent comic books worth anything ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
From my misspent youth 1963 to 1966 that is … DC, Marvel and others … I ask as the prices on eBay for 20 cent comics seem so low I might as well chuck them in the dumpster if so. Got a stack about 2 feet tall of old comics…

From my misspent youth 1963 to 1966 that is … DC, Marvel and others … I ask as the prices on eBay for 20 cent comics seem so low I might as well chuck them in the dumpster if so. Got a stack about 2 feet tall of old comics…

I wouldn't just chuck them out. Marvel seems to be a really huge force in today's big dollar entertainment. You never know who, from your youth, may be the next character that they develop into the next greatest thing.

My reference for value in such matters is ebay. Of course, titles matter.

If you have Daredevil No. 1, The Avengers No. 1, The Amazing Spider-Man No. 1, or The X-Men No. 1 in good condition, you probably just bought your next new truck.

If you had The Amazing Fantasy No 15 (1961 though) "Introducing Spider Man" it probably would buy your next boat or house. Oh, wait. Your boats are a bit more expensive that that.

worth any thing ? only if they have been rolled up and shoved in a back paints pocket full of dirt oh ya all the mail in coupon's need to be cut out .

When we moved from Rome NY in 53 to Fla after the moving van took all the big stuff I was left with my comic book collection.There was a Superman 1 in there most likely a reprint.40-50 of them mostly action figures. My brother was the marble shooter. He had one of those large Gold Medal flour sacks filled with all his winnings.

With 4 kids in a 52 Studebaker Commander our collections had to go, but not with us.

never read comic books when i was a kid . mostly scientific
american, popular electronics , and popular mechanics
mad magazine ..., before
they turned to shit marketing . guitar player, and practicing musician. the whole pre- internet world disappeared. i miss text. it is satisfying to sit on a plane and read a printed word
rather than look at a dumb phone.

never read comic books when i was a kid . mostly scientific
american, popular electronics , and popular mechanics
mad magazine ..., before
they turned to shit marketing . guitar player, and practicing musician. the whole pre- internet world disappeared. i miss text. it is satisfying to sit on a plane and read a printed word
rather than look at a dumb phone.

Last time I flew for work, my carry on backpack got me pulled aside at TSA after going through the scanner. They told me I had a "suspicious dark mass" at the bottom of the bag.

The agent opened it up and looked at me and said "Oh, it's just books. You don't really see that anymore."

I want a Kindle... But I prefer paper books too much to give them up. My library at home has probably 400+ books, most of them mine, a few belong to my partner and son.

Back