What's new
What's new

Wanting info on the Angle Computer Company.

William2112

Plastic
I want to start off by saying hello to everyone on this wonderful site. Im a new member and i can't wait to see what kind of useful things i can learn from everyone here. I recently purchased a rather large angle table that's made by the Angle Computer Company out of Glendale, California. I have found no information at all about the company and what kind of other products they manufactured. If anyone has any insight on this company it would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately i would love to find some type of manual or literature on the specific table i have but im not gonna get my hopes up. Thanks in advance.

One of the unwritten rules of the site is that you have to post pictures when writing about exotic stuff that no one has ever seen.

This listing says the company formed in 1950 and has been dissolved, but lists a person to contact. You could write a letter to him. Angle Computer Company, Inc. in Sun Valley, CA - Reviews - Bizapedia Profile

Martin Padway
11040 Olinda St
Sun Valley, CA 91352

Mr. Padway was co-inventor of a screw machine device. The patent was filed in 1957, so he would be quite old now. Patent US2969553 - Multiple spindle machine tool apparatus with improved work holding chuck means - Google Patents

Pictures of one of their cool products: http://www.astratool.com/machines/ph2926.htm

And a different product: Vertical Rotary Dividing Table The Angle Computer Co 1" Faceplate | eBay

Larry

This is interesting. I also have a positioning table made by the same folks, and I thought I had posted a query on this site about it some years back (to resounding non-response) but can't find any evidence that I did so. Maybe that's why I don't remember any response... In any case, I searched for information on this device years ago and found nothing, likely before The Internet was so robust and invasive;-)

Thanks to Larry for posting the info. I'll post a pic of mine when I can get to it in a day or two. It is somewhat different than the two pics Larry has linked to, though, with a much more substantial monolithic construction for the upper tilt axes. I think it weighs something like 125 lbs.

Pictures of one of their cool products: http://www.astratool.com/machines/ph2926.htm

Astra Tool closed and auctioned the inventory. The piece shown in the picture is now mine. I searched the net with little results. There are 3 for sale on eBay right now. I followed the auctions for awhile but none sold and I lost interest. Mine weighs a 'ton' and I have no idea what I will do with it. If I can find a spot in the shop maybe it could be a conversation piece. I'll be watching to see what comes from your inquiry. Gary R.

Does it look like this? This is mine. Paid $100 for it. Awesome for quick angle setups. 12" square table and probably weighs 200lbs.

25575780416_fc3201db89_z.jpg

I looked all over and couldn't find any info. Company was here in Southern California from what it looks like, but is now defunct. I found a few other contraptions that appear to serve similar functions, but wasn't able to find one like I bought. Guess it's not the only one out there!

Wow. They emerge from the shadows like zombies. Mine is exactly that, 12 x 12 top plate, although only 4 corner holes 3/8-16. The top plate is nicely scraped. As I recall, I got it from an optics fab operation maybe 15 years back. My weight estimate might have been on the light side; my only reference is that I can't pick it up.

If anyone finds a manual/parts breakdown/drawing set, I'm all in for a copy. Mine has some sort of limited range issue on one the tilt axes; one of those projects that's #389 on a 790-item list.

Thread resurection, apologies.

Late to this one, but I just got this the other day at an auction. I'll bet it goes over 200#. Verniers on all three axis. Not much out there on the interwweb on these. Too big for my Bridgeport, so I will probably sell it cheap to someone who can pick it up in my shop.20170610_091135.jpg20170610_091140.jpg20170610_091228.jpg20170610_091235.jpg

The table is about 11" by 12.25", with a matrix of threaded holes in it. I can see no sign of the nice scraping seen on other photos here.

Dan

Angle Computer Company

ok so here is mine and it's slightly different :

I finally stumbled onto photos of these gizmos here at PM site - thought i had searched the web everywhere a few times over the years and had come up empty....

but anyway....

Attachments

• IMG-5278.jpg
    IMG-5278.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG-5279.jpg
    IMG-5279.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 126
This is exactly what we have bought from an auction, we are also looking for the manual. If anyone has any leads on to where I can get one, that would be amazing.

ok so here is mine and it's slightly different :

I finally stumbled onto photos of these gizmos here at PM site - thought i had searched the web everywhere a few times over the years and had come up empty....

but anyway....

That looks too light and floppy for machining. Maybe optical? Maybe surface grinder?

Back