What's new
What's new

Warning: Bogus machine sales website

indianamoon

Aluminum
As I have been liquidating my shop for a while, I have visited numerous websites to find additional places to list my Stuff. One of the websites was Machinery & Equipment for sale, New & Used | MachineSales.com. Had lots of listings, looked pretty good, so I signed up for $20 a month. Placed 2 ads, never received any interest on the items. Tried to place another ad and the website wanted me to pay again, even though they were hitting my credit card monthly. Everything on their website seems to work properly except the "cancel membership" button, which is grayed out. Have left messages, called and called, sent e-mails, etc, etc. Called the credit card company and they are working to get the charges reversed and future charges blocked, but tell me they may not be able to do either without the acceptance of the website. 60 days max before they have an answer.

Machinery & Equipment for sale, New & Used | MachineSales.com appears at this point to be a good one to stay away from

I don't know about this particular instance, but that's the deal with all these auto bill pay agreements....many of them include in the fine print that only they have the right to discontinue the billing. Not you. Stop and think about that for a minute.

Cancel your credit card. Then apply for a new one. I bought pills online that were supposed to shrink prostrate. One day after I bought the pills I went to a doctor, He told me that I did not have an enlarged prostrate and the medicine advertised was a scam. Went home and tried to cancel. To make this story short the website made it impossible to cancel. Then called Master Charge, they also tried to cancel the prescription for me, no luck. Master Charge told me they would send me a new card and cancel the existing one.
This solved my problem.

I don't know about this particular instance, but that's the deal with all these auto bill pay agreements....many of them include in the fine print that only they have the right to discontinue the billing. Not you. Stop and think about that for a minute.

Most issues like that are superseded by laws making it impossible for those clauses to be enforceable I would say. Companies put it there knowing that people who fight it will win, but other lazy people will just bend over and take it. I have never seen much trouble disputing charges, and cancelling memberships ime.

Finally got in contact with these people. Said it was because their staffing was down due to covid. Spose that could be true. Anyway, they refunded all my money, so everything is good.

Back