wayyyy OT: smartphones - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The V10 looks like a good rig...not available on my carrier. They have the G5 though. I'll have to take a look. anybody have a LG G5?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Willie, just so you know, when dragging/dropping photos from phone to computer... On the iPhone, it should prompt you on the phone with a message like "Trust this computer?" when plugging in the USB cable. If you don't choose the "Trust" option on the phone, it will not allow you to view the phone's content on the computer.

The android will be a little similar. When you plug up the USB cable, you have to swipe down on the notification bar, and press the. "Charging cable connected" notification. This will open a menu, and you can select from "Charge only" or "transfer media files" plus a few others. If you want to transfer media files, you have to pres that selection on he phone, or just like an iPhone, the phone's content will be hidden on the PC until you select the appropriate option on the phone...

Just a heads up. I hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

jashley- that used to work on the win7 machine- but various updates to ios and my swithching to win10x64 for the main desktop, I now do not see all the photos.... if I am lucky the one I want is there but using icloud, itunes, email etc just seems like a wholla lotta crap I should not have to deal with. I want to plug a usb cable in, browse it like a flash drive, drag and drop. anything less is utter bullcrap I don't need in my life. It used to work, now it does not. I rebuilt the win 7 machine ( power supply failure fried the sata OS drive) and it does not work there either.... go figure.

I don't know if its a flipped up iphone ( 30 months old ) or apple having their head so far up their own ass they can see light of day out their nose. Either way its pissing me off