What's new
What's new

website full " a lot"

Mike1974

Diamond
Ok, so probably (really LoL) not fair to compare the beast that is Facebook, to this 'lowly' machinist site.... but this has to be the only website I have ever visited that gets "full" and I can't login? Anyone else notice this??

I've never experienced not being able to get access to the forum due to it being "full". Not even sure how that works. The 7am database deadzone - that's stalled access for five minutes or so.

Next time you get that message, would you screen shot and post the image? Might help Admin figure out what's going wrong.

Quite common for me to have connection issues with PM website. Lately better than 1 year ago or so.

IIRC PM runs on Cloudflare "cloud servers" or load sharing network and depending on your luck and geographic location you might end up with non-functional one and someone else has no problems at all.

I've never experienced not being able to get access to the forum due to it being "full". Not even sure how that works. The 7am database deadzone - that's stalled access for five minutes or so.

Next time you get that message, would you screen shot and post the image? Might help Admin figure out what's going wrong.

Sounds like a plan! I often see something akin to "database error, PM traffic exceeded" or something...

Every day between 7:00 to 7:05am Indiana time I lose the sever for about 5 minutes but then I'm back in business.

Brent

Honestly surprised by the "never" responses? :confused: I probably see it 3-5 times a week, sometimes several times in a row. Pretty sure the internet here at work is not the problem, as I see it at home too, but not as often as I typically post more during the day time hours....

LoL, actually hoping it happens so I can screenshot it now. :leaving:

I get some ? max_connection database error occasionally. I guess its a windows server somewhere as it even gives the ip.

Honestly surprised by the "never" responses? :confused: I probably see it 3-5 times a week, sometimes several times in a row. Pretty sure the internet here at work is not the problem, as I see it at home too, but not as often as I typically post more during the day time hours....

LoL, actually hoping it happens so I can screenshot it now. :leaving:

Are you logging off every time? I never log off, I shut my browser down which probably looks like I'm off line (the little green light is off) but I never need to log on. If that makes any difference?

Brent

Are you logging off every time? I never log off, I shut my browser down which probably looks like I'm off line (the little green light is off) but I never need to log on. If that makes any difference?

Brent

Usually just at the end of day at work. At home I am always logged in. Maybe that is it, trying to be logged in at 2 machines...? :confused: .... But it is intermittent, not like I can't log in at work, it is usually after I am logged in and trying to reply to a post and I have the stupid thing all typed up!

Honestly surprised by the "never" responses? :confused: I probably see it 3-5 times a week, sometimes several times in a row......
..trying to reply to a post and I have the stupid thing all typed up!

While not as often as you I get it also, sometimes it lasts1- 2 minutes, sometimes a half hour.
Never bothered to dig into it. Thought it a sign from above that I should get my butt back to work.

I have learned to highlight a long reply and press <ctrl> C before hitting the post or save button.
Bob

Yes And mostly then when you want to post a long story
And going back deletes what you wrote :bawling::mad5::angry:
At least with firefox, it does not delete if you use the back arrow. Maybe that's just the first time you use the back arrow, a second click will blow you outta the water. But when you see that "database full" thing, just click back once and you should be good.

That may be something in the "cached web content" preferences setting, however. No guarantees.

Back