What's new
What's new

Webster ans benett 72 inch vertical borer

rossco1995

Plastic
Good afternoon guys we have a 72 inch Webster and benett vertical borer that has been taken past its limit on it tool head any ideas how to get it back down thanks .20210921_145003.jpg20210921_145011.jpg

Stick a junk under, lift a bit then wind it down while slowly lowering the jack to catch the leadscrew, just grinding it will damage the nut or thread, this was what came back from a similar experience on a different machine, the riggers or millwrights sorted it
Mark

Is the machine the type of machine with an elevating cross-rail ? I’ve only worked on the standard machines. They had a rack and pinion mechanism for raising and lowering the turret ram. The spur gear that meshed with the rack had quite fine teeth. There was another spur gear that was connected to the balance weights. I could advise you if it’s that sort of machine. I never worked on one that had a lead screw but I believe the later machines had a lead screw.

Regards Tyrone.

All sorted now guys i hung one of our mill rolls on to the tool head to counterbalance the counterbalance then tapped it back on to rack with large dead blow hammer. thanks for your help

Back